|Born||1957 (age 61–62)|
|Occupation||film director, screenwriter|
Pasquale Pozzessere (born in 1957) is an Italian film director and screenwriter.
Life and career
Born in Lizzano, Taranto in the mid-1980s Pozzessere abandoned his medicine university studies to enter the cinema industry working as a script supervisor for Pupi Avati and as assistant director of Francesco Maselli. After directing a number of short films, he made his feature film debut in 1992, with Verso Sud, for which he was nominated to a David di Donatello for Best New Director and won the Grolla d'oro in the same category. The film also won the Grand Prix at the Annecy Film Festival.
- Verso Sud (1992)
- Father and Son (1994)
- An Eyewitness Account (1997)
- La vita che verrà (TV, 1999)
- La porta delle sette stelle (2005)
- La provinciale (TV, 2006)
- Cocapop (2010)
- Mine (2016)
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002. ISBN 8884401712.
- Maria Pia Fusco (6 June 1993). "' IL GRANDE COCOMERO' E' IL FILM DELL' ANNO". La Repubblica. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Maria Pia Fusco (1 November 1992). "GROLLE D' ORO PER DIVI E NON". La Repubblica. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Sipario , Edizioni 530-534. 1993.
|This biographical article related to film in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|