Pawtucket Armory in 2013
|Location||Pawtucket, Rhode Island|
|Architect||William R. Walker & Son|
|Part of||Exchange Street Historic District (#02000952)|
|NRHP reference #||83003836 |
|Added to NRHP||November 18, 1983|
|Designated CP||September 6, 2002|
The Pawtucket Armory is an historic armory building at 172 Exchange Street in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. One of the major works of William R. Walker & Son, it was built in 1894-5. Built of red brick with granite and limestone trim, it has a distinctive main block, with crenellated towers at the corners, and is prominently sited near Pawtucket's central business district. It has a Richardsonian Romanesque entry, recessed under a round archway with wrought iron gates. The armory drill hall extends to behind the building along Fountain Avenue.
From 2005 to 2010, the armory housed the Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing and Visual Arts. It is currently home to the Pawtucket Armory Arts Center.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Historic Resources of Pawtucket (PDF pages 99-101)" (PDF). Rhode Island Preservation. Retrieved 2014-11-18.
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Providence County, Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|