Pedro Hernández (pitcher)
Hernández with the Minnesota Twins
|Born: April 12, 1989|
|July 18, 2012, for the Chicago White Sox|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||7.57|
San Diego Padres
Hernández signed with the San Diego Padres as an international free agent in 2009, after he graduated from the Padres baseball academy in the Dominican Republic. After the 2011 season, the Padres added Hernández to their 40 man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. Later in the 2011-12 offseason, the Padres traded Hernández and Simón Castro to the White Sox for Carlos Quentin.
Chicago White Sox
On July 18, 2012, Hernández made his major league debut against the Boston Red Sox. Hernández started the game against Felix Doubront. He was tagged for a three-run home run by Cody Ross in the bottom of the third inning and the bottom of the 4th inning, and was relieved by Hector Santiago in the bottom of the 5th inning, picking up the loss.
Rieleros de Aguascalientes
Tigres de Quintana Roo
On February 9, 2018, Hernández signed with the Sussex County Miners of the Can-Am League. On April 15, 2018, he was traded to the Texas AirHogs of the American Association. He was released on November 12, 2018.
- The San Diego News-Tribune. Published on November 18, 2011.
- MLB.com. Published on December 31, 2011.
- Baseball Reference box score
- White Sox Acquire Francisco Liriano
- "Rockies select contract of LHP Pedro Hernandez". MLB.com. July 31, 2014. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- Slovin, Matt (August 2, 2014). "Rockies promote Pridie from Triple-A". MLB.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.