This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Englert was, until May 8, 2017, the President & Vice Chancellor of Quest University Canada. Englert's research background includes geophysical studies and space research. He participated in NASA's Mars Observer and Mars Odyssey Missions, and was an elected board member of the International Association of Universities. He recently co-authored work on antarctic dry valleys.
Englert is a former Chancellor of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, serving from 2002 until 2005. He was appointed by then-UH President Evan Dobelle. Before coming to the University of Hawaii, Englert served as Pro Vice Chancellor and Dean of Science, Architecture and Design at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
He has earned three academic degrees in nuclear chemistry from the University of Cologne, Germany. He was a faculty member and administrator at San Jose State University in California from 1983-1995, and served at Victoria University of Wellington from 1995-2002.
On May 19, 2015 it was announced that as of August 1, 2015 Peter Englert would succeed David J. Helfand. Helfand stepped down from his position after seven years to focus on his work at Columbia University. Englert was the fourth president and vice-chancellor of Quest University Canada.
In May 2017, Quest's Board of Governors dismissed Peter Englert.
- "Quest University Canada Board of Governors Statement". Quest University Canada. 2017-05-08. Archived from the original on 2017-05-23. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- Quest University Canada names Dr. Peter Englert as President and Vice-Chancellor, Ki Communications, May 19, 2015, http://new.pitchengine.com/pitches/f9149a61-ba09-4261-880f-afc6cdbc5465
- Bishop, JL; Englert, PA; Patel, S; Tirsch, D; Roy, AJ; Koeberl, C; Böttger, U; Hanke, F; Jaumann, R (2014). "Mineralogical analyses of surface sediments in the Antarctic Dry Valleys: coordinated analyses of Raman spectra, reflectance spectra and elemental abundances". Philos Trans Royal Soc A. 372. doi:10.1098/rsta.2014.0198. PMID 25368345.
- "QUEST UNIVERSITY CANADA NAMES DR. PETER ENGLERT AS PRESIDENT AND VICE-CHANCELLOR". Questu.ca. Quest University Canada. Archived from the original on 2 October 2015. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Thuncher, Jennifer (May 20, 2015). "Quest U announces new president". Glacier Community Media. The Squamish Chief. Retrieved 21 May 2015.