Peter Lambert (baseball)
|Colorado Rockies – No. 23|
|Born: April 18, 1997|
San Dimas, California
|June 6, 2019, for the Colorado Rockies|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 14, 2019)
|Earned run average||6.98|
Lambert attended San Dimas High School in San Dimas, California. As a senior in 2015, he was the Los Angeles Times prep baseball player of the year after going 13–0 with a 0.34 earned run average (ERA). He committed to play college baseball for the UCLA Bruins.[needs update]
The Colorado Rockies selected Lambert in the second round of the 2015 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Rockies and made his professional debut with the Grand Junction Rockies. He pitched in eight games for Grand Junction,[when?] going 0-4 with a 3.45 ERA. Lambert spent 2016 with the Asheville Tourists, where he posted a 5-8 record with a 3.93 ERA. In 2017, Lambert played for the Lancaster JetHawks, pitching to a 9-8 record with a 4.17 ERA in a career high 142.1 innings pitched, and, in 2018, he split time between the Hartford Yard Goats and the Albuquerque Isotopes, going a combined 10-7 with a 3.28 ERA in 26 starts between both teams. He began 2019 back with Albuquerque.
Lambert was promoted to the major leagues by Colorado on June 6, 2019. He made his debut that same day at Wrigley Field versus the Chicago Cubs, giving up one run over seven innings while striking out nine, leading the Rockies to a 3-1 win.
- Sondheimer, Eric. "San Dimas' Peter Lambert is The Times' prep baseball player of the year". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Peter Lambert - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA". Perfectgame.org. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "Rockies round out Day 1 with pitcher Peter Lambert". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "At 19, Tourists' Lambert doesn't act his age on the mound". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Peter Lambert Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Lambert brothers still growing together". MiLB.com. Retrieved August 9, 2018.