|Date of birth||17 March 2001|
|Place of birth||Genoa, Italy|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 November 2017
Born in Genoa, Pellegri is a youth product of the Genoa youth academy. On 22 December 2016, he made his debut with the senior team in Serie A in a 1–0 away loss against Torino, coming on as an 88th-minute substitute for Tomás Rincón. At the age of 15 years and 280 days, he equalled the record as the youngest ever Serie A debutant, held by Roma's Amedeo Amadei since 1937. In doing so he also became the first player born in the 21st century to appear in Serie A, and the second player born in the 2000s to make his Italian top-flight debut after Moise Kean. On 28 May, he scored his first Serie A goal in a 3–2 away loss against Roma, becoming the first player born in the 21st century to ever score in Serie A, and the third youngest goalscorer ever in the Italian top flight, after Amadei and Gianni Rivera.
On 17 September 2017, he became the first 16-year old to score twice in a single major European league game in a 3–2 home loss to Lazio; his brace also made him the youngest player ever in Serie A to have managed to do so.
On 27 January 2018, Pellegri signed with Monaco for a reported fee of €25 million, the second largest transfer fee for a 16-year-old. He made his Monaco debut on 16 February in a 4–0 home win against Dijon in Ligue 1, coming on for the final four minutes in place of Keita Baldé. At 16 years, 10 months and 30 days, he became the youngest league player in the club's history, breaking Kylian Mbappé's record by eleven days and receiving congratulations from the French forward.
He was given his first senior international call-up for Italy in September 2018, by manager Roberto Mancini, for Italy's opening UEFA Nations League matches against Poland and Portugal later that month. He missed the matches through a minor injury.
Pellegri is the son of Genoa assistant manager and team administrator Marco Pellegri. He said that his idol and main influence is Zlatan Ibrahimović, whom he hailed as the best striker in the world.
- As of match played 25 September 2018
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||League Cup[nb 2]||Europe||Other||Total|
- James Horncastle (7 October 2017). "Pietro Pellegri: The 'next Messi' who is breaking Serie A records". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Francesco Oddi (22 December 2016). "Genoa, Pellegri esordio record in Serie A: eguagliato il record di Amadei" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "Genoa, esordio record per il 2001 Pellegri: debutto in A a 15 anni". Goal.com (in Italian). 22 December 2016.
- Ben Gladwell (23 December 2016). "Genoa's Pietro Pellegri makes debut aged 15, equals Serie A record". ESPN FC. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "Roma 3–2 Genoa". BBC Sport. 28 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Genoa 2-3 Lazio: 16-year-old Pietro Pellegri nets brace but Ciro Immobile double leads away side to victory". Mail Online. 17 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Chris Wright (18 September 2017). "Pietro Pellegri's father cries in dugout after Genoa striker's brace vs. Lazio". ESPN FC. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Giuseppe Di Giovanni (17 September 2017). "Pellegri, storia di un predestinato: "Non posso neanche fare il figo a scuola..."" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "OFFICIAL: Pietro Pellegri signs with AS Monaco | IFD". www.italianfootballdaily.com. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- "Pietro Pellegri: Monaco's Italian striker in focus". BBC Sport. 14 September 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Borne, Fabien (16 February 2017). "AS Monaco : Kylian Mbappé félicite Pietro Pellegri pour son record de précocité" (in French). Eurosport. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Bordeaux vs. Monaco - 26 August 2018 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- "Pellegri makes Ligue 1 history". Football Italia. 26 August 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Chiellini rejoins Italy squad; Pellegri called up". www.sportsnet.ca. 1 September 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Italy - P. PELLEGRI - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 21 November 2017.