Pingshan District, Shenzhen
Pingshan (highlighted in pink) in Shenzhen
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||168 km2 (65 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Pingshan District, Shenzhen|
|Guangdong Romanization||ping4 san1 kêu1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Píngshān Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Guangdong Romanization||ping4 san1|
Pingshan was established as a New District on June 30, 2009 by the Shenzhen municipal government. This new district superseded the old plan which was initiated back in 1994 and began construction in 1997. It was still part of Longgang District in administrative management. On October 11, 2016, Pingshan was officially separated from Longgang to become a district itself.
Located southwest of the Huanping community in Pingshan New District, the Dawan Ancestral Residence is one of the biggest Hakka buildings in China. It was built by the Zeng family in 1791 during the reign of the Qianlong Emperor in the Qing dynasty.
In Summer 2018, The Pingshan District made international news after a group of workers from The Jasic manufacturing plant went on strike and demonstrated along with student activists from the Jasic Solidarity Support Group. The event is referred to as The Jasic Incident.
The car manufacturer BYD has its headquarters on BYD Road (比亚迪路; Bǐyàdí Lù; bei2 aa3 dik6 lou6), Pingshan New District., as does the plastic injection mold-maker Shenzhen Changhong Technology Co., Ltd.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Pingshan Subdistrict||坪山街道||Píngshān Jiēdào||ping4 san1 gai1 dou6||205,999||11.78|
|Biling Subdistrict||碧岭街道||Bìlǐng Jiēdào||big1 ling5 gai1 dou6||25.35|
|Maluan Subdistrict||马峦街道||Mǎluán Jiēdào||ma5 lün4 gai1 dou6||43.86|
|Kengzi Subdistrict||坑梓街道||Kēngzǐ Jiēdào||hang1 ji2 gai1 dou6||94,801||24.07|
|Shijing Subdistrict||石井街道||Shíjǐng Jiēdào||ség6 zéng2 gai1 dou6||36.52|
|Longtian Subdistrict||龙田街道||Lóngtián Jiēdào||lung4 tin4 gai1 dou6||26.14|
The new district covers an area of 168 square kilometres. Pingshan New District is situated in the north-eastern part of Shenzhen city. It is next to Huizhou City in the east.
- Sina. 国务院批复同意设立深圳市龙华区和坪山区. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "". Baidu Places (Chinese). Retrieved on June 12, 2014.
- "China's trade union told to put workers first, but will it?". South China Morning Post. 25 November 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Labour activists disappeared in China in suspected raids | News | Al Jazeera". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "China's student activists cast rare light on brewing labor unrest". Reuters. 24 August 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Contact Us." BYD Company. Retrieved on June 17, 2015. "BYD COMPANY LIMITED Headquarters Add.: No.3009, BYD Road, Pingshan, Shenzhen, 518118, P.R.China " - Chinese address: "比亚迪股份有限公司 总部 地址：深圳市坪山新区比亚迪路3009号 邮编：518118"
- "." CHT. Retrieved on May 21, 2014. "CHT Group HQ Address: Westside of Jinlong Avenue, Pingshan New District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China - 518118"
- Census Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China; Population and Employment Statistics Division of the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China (2012). 中国2010人口普查分乡、镇、街道资料 (1 ed.). Beijing: China Statistics Print. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
|This Guangdong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|