Pizza Haven (Australia)
Pizza Haven is a defunct Australian and New Zealand pizza restaurant chain and franchise operation. Founded in 1984, four brothers Evan, Louis, Bill and Gabriel Christou started Pizza Haven with the aid of a A$24,000 mortgage on their parents' home. The first Pizza Haven outlet was at Glenelg in Adelaide. Employing twelve people, the Christou brothers were active in the running of the business. Pizza Haven evolved into a small franchised business model.
In January 2005, the New Zealand Pizza Haven stores were bought by Domino's Pizza and the majority were converted to Domino's while some stores were able to stay branded under Pizza Haven. However, eventually all Pizza Haven stores became Domino's.
- "Y&R finds Pizza Haven in Australia. (Young and Rubicam) (Brief Article)", ADWEEK Eastern Edition, e5 Global Media, LLC, v35 (n21): 14 (1), 23 May 1994, ISSN 0199-2864
- "Dominos buys Pizza Haven". NZ Herald. 26 January 2005. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Domino's buys out NZ competitor Pizza Haven.(Domino's Pizza Inc.)(Pizza Haven Inc.)(Brief Article)", Australasian Business Intelligence, COMTEX News Network, Inc, 9 February 2005, ISSN 1320-6680
- Joint press release (12 May 2006). "Domino's buys Pizza Haven in food franchise sector". Archived from the original on 17 October 2006. Retrieved 11 January 2007.
- "Domino's buys Pizza Heaven.(Domino's Pizza Group Ltd.)(Pizza Haven Inc.)(Brief Article)", Australasian Business Intelligence, COMTEX News Network, Inc, 9 February 2005, ISSN 1320-6680
- "Eagle Boys devours Pizza Haven". The Sydney Morning Herald. 18 July 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- "AUSTRALIA'S EAGLE BOYS PIZZA ACQUIRES PIZZA HAVEN", AsiaPulse News, Asia Pulse Pty Ltd, 18 July 2008, retrieved 4 September 2018
- Doudle, C.; Baldwin, K. (2005). State of Mind: The Success Secrets of 50 South Australian Entrepreneurs. Wakefield Press. pp. 25–28. ISBN 978-1-86254-684-4.
- Pizza Today. Pro Tech Publishing and Communications. 1994. pp. 50–57.