Plaza Theatre Company
Plaza Theatre Company was formed under the Cleburne Performing Arts Foundation as a non-profit community theater located in Cleburne, Texas. The Cleburne Performing Arts Foundation was created by the Downtown Cleburne Association in 2007. The company's first production was You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, which opened the evening of April 26, 2007. The Plaza Theatre Company's production of Enchanted April was recognized as Best Play - Non-Equity in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex at the 2015 Column Awards.
Plaza Theatre Company presents light comedies and musicals that are designed for the entire family. Shows run nearly every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30 pm with matinees playing on Saturdays at 3:00 pm. Plaza operates as a community theater involving volunteers both on stage and behind-the-scenes. The Company has put on over 100 mainstage productions since its first production in 2017 and is currently in its 11th season.
Plaza Theatre Company is also the parent company of the offshoot Plaza Academy, which operates as a Musical Theatre and Dance school for young people. The Academy offers classes at the Plaza Academy Fine Arts & Dance Studio located at 221 S. Mill Street in Cleburne, TX. The Academy began full-time service in January 2012.
In February of 2018, Plaza Theatre Company moved from 111 South Main St., Cleburne, Texas to their new facility called Dudley Hall (located at 305 S. Anglin St., Cleburne, Texas). The main street location now houses Plaza Jr., where young performers solely act in productions. Box office hours are from 10 am to 6 pm daily except Sunday.
- "16th Annual Column Award Winners". Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- http://plaza-theatre.com/information-directions.asp. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- Plaza Theatre Company Website
- Cleburne Times Review Article on the opening of new community theater
- Cleburne Times-Review Article reviewing first show "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"
- Cleburne Times-Review Article review of "Smoke on a Mountain"
- Cleburne Times-Review Article review of "The Man with the pointed toes"
- Cleburne Times-Review Article review of "The Secret Garden"
|This United States theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|