This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Consumer electronics |
|Products||E-book readers, multimedia readers and Android-based tablet computers|
|Revenue||$ 151 million (2010)|
Number of employees
|230 (July 2013)|
|Footnotes / references|
Development and manufacture
The devices are assembled at the Foxconn, Wisky, Yitoa and other factories.
The company's products are sold in 35 countries worldwide – in Central, Eastern, and Western Europe, in Baltic and Commonwealth of Independent States countries, as well as in Australia, Israel, New Zealand, and others. As of December 2013[update], PocketBook claimed it had sold over two million e-reader and tablet devices.
|2007||PocketBook was founded. The development of the first PocketBook e-reader - PocketBook 301 - has started.|
|2009||Release of PocketBook's second e-reader, the PocketBook 360°.
PocketBook 302 Cookie – the world's first e-reader supporting Bluetooth wireless data transfer protocol.
|2010||PocketBook IQ 701 – a multimedia e-book reader running the Android operating system.
Market launch of PocketBook Pro 602 and PocketBook Pro 902.
|2011||PocketBook launches the world's first e-book readers with a smartphone set of wireless interfaces (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G) – PocketBook Pro 603 and 903.
Market launch of PocketBook 360 Plus – an updated version of the PocketBook 360 model with Wi-Fi support and more powerful architecture. Three versions of the PocketBook 360 were ultimately produced – 360, 360+ and 360+ New.
Production of PocketBook devices starts at the specially designated production line at a Foxconn factory.
Market launch of PocketBook Basic – an e-book reader which became one of the top ten best-selling and most recommended eReaders in the French retail chain Pixmania following the results of 2011.
|2012||Market launch of PocketBook A 7" – a multimedia e-book reader that runs Android 2.3.7.
Market launch of PocketBook Touch - an e-reader with a multi-sensor 6-inch E Ink Pearl display.
At the international IFA exhibition in Berlin, PocketBook introduces two new devices: - PocketBook Basic New — an improved version of PocketBook Basic 611, - PocketBook SURFpad — a tablet computer running Android 4.0.4., which became one of the first devices with the pre-installed Yandex.Store app store.
|2013||The company presented a new premium product line:
- PocketBook Colour Lux – the world's first color E Ink e-reader with built-in light - PocketBook Touch Lux – an e-reader with Pearl HD display and frontlight - SURFpad 2 – a multimedia device running Android 4.0.4
Release of PocketBook Mini a 5-inch slim and compact E Ink e-reader
The presentation of new devices at IFA 2013 international exhibition in Berlin:
- PocketBook CoverReader – the first flip-cover with E Ink screen for smartphones,
- PocketBook Basic Touch – E Ink reader with a «film touch» technology based screen,
Presentation of the new construction-oriented device PocketBook CAD Reader with EPD E Ink Fina screens at Autodesk University international exhibition in Los Angeles, USA. The CAD Reader has remained vaporware ever since.
In the beginning of 2014, PocketBook continues to expand its presence in Europe, starting to sell its products in Benelux countries. PocketBook updates the product line of its E Ink e-readers with two products. In March 2014 world's first serial water-resistant and dustproof E Ink reader PocketBook Aqua was announced. Later, in May 2014 PocketBook represents the first serial E Ink e-reader with a built-in camera – PocketBook Ultra. Such notable products as PocketBook InkPad with 8” screen and PocketBook Sense with smart frontlight were also represented in spring 2014.
|2015||In 2015 PocketBook has represented PocketBook Digital – an end-to-end e-reading solution intended to provide growth opportunities to companies engaged in the book industry. Being one of the key elements of PocketBook Digital, PocketBook Cloud offers secure, convenient cloud reading and storage for users' digital libraries.
At IFA 2015 in Berlin PocketBook shows recently announced PocketBook Touch Lux 3 – a new flagship model with wide functionality.
|2016||PocketBook e-reader with 13,3 diagonal screen wins Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016. The winners were chosen by 41 experts from 5,200 products and innovations from all around the world.
PocketBook represented flagship models among which: fashion edition of company’s bestseller – PocketBook Touch Lux 3 Ruby Red, PocketBook InkPad 2 and PocketBook Touch HD - e-reader with E Ink Carta™ HD screen and frontlight, that gives convenient opportunities to listen to audio-files.
|2017||Among the new products represented by PocketBook in 2017 – PocketBook Aqua 2 – the successor of Aqua series, water-proof and dust-resistant e-reader with IP57, that can be immerged into the water for 30 minutes on 1 meter depth. New marketing strategy on Italian Market
In March 2017 PocketBook wins in international DISTREE Diamonds Award 2017 in category “Home Entertainment & Appliances” second year in a row.
|2018||PocketBook InkPad 3 was launched in February 2018 - the e-reader with 7.8-inch screen diagonal and SMARTlight function, which allows to adjust brightness and colour temperature of the frontlight.|
- "Russia's e-book boom is a page-turner", The Daily Telegraph, February 25, 2011
- "PocketBook targets APAC expansion". channelemea.com. 23 June 2017.
- PocketBook has sold 2 million units January 21, 2014
- Review of the PocketBook 360° eReader – Lean, Light, Beautiful and Blazing Fast
- "PocketBook IQ Tablet (701) Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 602 Review, News, and Videos". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 603 Wireless eReader with Wacom Touchscreen". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 903 9.7" Wireless eReader Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 360 Plus Review and Video Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "New PocketBook A10 Android 2.3 Tablet (Video) - The eBook Reader Blog". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "Pocketbook Touch 622 Revealed". goodereader.com. 2 March 2012.
- "Review of the Pocketbook Color Lux eReader". goodereader.com. 24 July 2013.
- "Pocketbook Touch Lux e-Reader – First Look". goodereader.com. 22 May 2013.
- Hoffelder, Nate (26 June 2013). "PocketBook 515 eReader to Launch Next Month, Will Cost $90". the-digital-reader.com.
- "Review of the Pocketbook Cover for Samsung Galaxy Phones". goodereader.com. 9 January 2014.
- "First Look at the Pocketbook CAD". goodereader.com. 9 January 2014.
- "New PocketBook Aqua Might be a Good Vacation e-Reader". goodereader.com. 27 February 2014.
- "Pocketbook Ultra 650 e-Reader Review". goodereader.com. 9 September 2014.
- "The PocketBook InkPad is a Sexy New e-Reader". goodereader.com. 20 May 2014.
- "Pocketbook Sense e-Reader Review". goodereader.com. 26 April 2015.
- "Alternative zu Amazon und Tolino: Buchmedia, KNV und Umbreit trommeln für PocketBook". ebook-fieber.de. 30 October 2015.
- "Evolution statt Revolution lautet das Motto des Pocketbook Touch Lux 3". allesebook.de.
- "PocketBook E-Reader mit 13.3 Zoll Diagonale triumphiert beim Red Dot Award - Produkt Design 2016".
- "Pocketbook Inkpad 2 8" eReader – 199 Euros". the-digital-reader.com. 8 August 2016.
- "PocketBook Touch HD". allesebook.de. 18 June 2017.
- "Pocketbook Aqua 2 Review". goodereader.com. 27 July 2017.
- "DISTREE EMEA 2017 Diamond Award winners announced after online vote by distributors". boompods.com. 15 March 2017.
- "Pocketbook InkPad 3 will be available later this week". boompods.com. 6 February 2018.