Portuguese Church (Mumbai)
|Church of Our Lady of Salvation, Dadar |
Igreja da Nossa Senhora da Salvação, Salvação
|Groundbreaking||2 February 1973|
|Archdiocese||Archdiosese of Bombay|
|Archbishop||Oswald Cardinal Gracias|
|Priest in charge||Fr. Barthol Machado|
The Church of Our Lady of Salvation, popularly referred to as Portuguese Church, is one of the oldest churches in Mumbai (formerly Bombay), India. Located in Dadar, it was originally built in 1596 by the Portuguese Franciscans who called it Nossa Senhora da Salvação. The present structure, designed by famous Indian architect Charles Correa, was constructed between 1974 and 1977.