Posey Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Location of Posey Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||18.15 sq mi (47.0 km2)|
|• Land||18.09 sq mi (46.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|• Density||58.1/sq mi (22.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453763|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.15 square miles (47.0 km2), of which 18.09 square miles (46.9 km2) (or 99.67%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.33%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Orange Township, Fayette County (north)
- Columbia Township, Fayette County (northeast)
- Laurel Township (east)
- Salt Creek Township (southeast)
- Fugit Township, Decatur County (southwest)
- Richland Township, Rush County (west)
- Noble Township, Rush County (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Old Brick, Old Brick, Young Brick and Middle Brick.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 122.
- "Policies". Franklin County Public Library District. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|