Poultry farming in Bangladesh
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bangladesh weather is very much friendly for poultry farming. There are various kind of poultry birds are domesticated for many years ago. As of 2017 about 300 billion taka has been invested in the poultry industry. There is an estimated 150,000 poultry farms in Bangladesh. From 2 to 4 March 2017, Poultry Science Association Bangladeshi branch held the tenth International Poultry Show and Seminar in Bashundhara Convention centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The farms annually produce 570 million tonnes of meat and 7.34 billion eggs. Poultry feed is made mostly from imported soybean and soy meal. Per capita consumption of meat and egg remain below the level recommended by the Food and Agriculture Organization. Avian Influenza has been damaging for the poultry and associated feed industry in Bangladesh. The outbreak in 2007 closed two-thirds of all farms in Bangladesh.
The most widely used poultry for meat are Broilers Chicken and for egg are Layers Chicken.
The most widely domesticated birds in Bangladesh are:
Nowadays some birds are added to Bangladesh poultry and their popularity are growing day by day. They are:
- "Plan to export poultry by 2020 | Dhaka Tribune". Dhaka Tribune. 2017-03-04. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Call to scale up research on local poultry varieties". The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Poultry operators eye global market". The Daily Star. 2017-03-05. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Poultry Industry Expo Gets Underway in Bangladesh". The Poultry Site. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Tk 30,000cr needed to beef up poultry sector". The Daily Star. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Import of soymeal, key feed ingredient, on the decline". The Daily Star. 2017-03-26. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Poultry operators plan to raise investment". The Daily Star. 2015-01-29. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Feed industry: Attaining economies of scale". The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Poultry industry still reeling from bird flu". IRIN. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Kushtia poultry farming in slump | Dhaka Tribune". archive.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Fof the Love of Agro Farming". The Daily Star. 2017-03-14. Retrieved 2017-03-26.