Prasanna Venkatesa Perumal Temple, Saidapet
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sri Prasanna Venkata Narasimha Perumal is a Hindu temple in Saidapet, Chennai, in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is dedicated to Venkateswara, an incarnation of the Hindu deity Vishnu. It was constructed during the 15th century, but, according to historical records and inscriptions found within the temple, may consist of elements dating back more than 1000 years. The temple was constructed during the era when the South India was under the rule of the Vijayanagara Empire.
The temple is also known as "Prasanna Venkata Narshimar" due to the visit of Theliyasingher who is kovthugar[clarification needed] of the temple.
- The greatest of Sri Rama's devotees, Anjaneya is incarnated opposite to Sri Ramar Sannidhi and called Baktha Anjaneyar.
- Senai Mudhalaazhwar (Vishwaksenar) The divine commander of the forces of Sri Mahavishnu.
- Nammaazhwar and Thirumangai Azhwar incarnated in a Sannidhi adjacent to Sri Ramar.
- Sri Ramanujar, Sri Pillai Lokachariyar and Sri Manavaala Maamunigal.
- Also installed nearby is the king of Serpents, Aadhi Sesha, who removes the "Sarpa Dosham" of devotees.
- Sri Alarmelmangai Thaayar Sannidhi, situated on southern side; the installed idol is supposedly obtained from a "Paambu Puttru" as
a Swayambhu Moorthy.
- Sri Andal Sannidhi situated on the northern side of Perumal Sannidhi, facing east
- Pushkarani (Holy Tank) situated near the temple premises
- Unjal Mandapam, where Unjal seva of the temple is performed during Brahmohsavam
- SuryaPrabhai / ChandraPrabhai
- Hamsam Vahanam[VahanaNotes 2]
- Garuda Vahanam[VahanaNotes 2]
- Hanumantha Vahanam
- Sesha Vahanam
- Simma Vahanam[VahanaNotes 2]
- Yaali Vahanam[VahanaNotes 2]
- Gaja Vahanam
- Mangala Giri
- Kudhirai Vahanam
- PunniyaKodi Vimanam
- All these vahana’s are 300 years old.
- For these particular vahanas, the eyes are made of Belgium stone to replicate the exorbitant glory and liveliness.
- Maasi Magam - celebrated in Maasi
- Thotta Utsavam: Maasi
- Panguni Uththiram: Panguni
- Sri Rama Navami: Panguni
- Brahmotsavam: Cittirai
- Vasanthotsvam: Vaikāci
- Thiruadippooram: Aadi
- Pavithrothsavam: Aippasi
- Pagal Pathu and Era Pathu: Mārkaḻi
- Azhwar and Acharyar's Thirunakshattrams
On all Fridays, the statue of Sri Alarmelmangai Thaayar is taken for a procession inside the temple premises.
Also Sri Prasanna Venkata Narasimha Perumal and the Alwars and Acharyas are taken in a procession inside the temple on the Thirunakshattras which are special and specific to them.
Once a year, Sri Paarthasaarathy Perumal from Triplicane visits this temple in the month of February, during the Thotta Utsavam festival.
Also Mylapore Sri Aadhi Kesava Perumal visits this temple. During this visit a special Thirumanjam is performed for him.