Priory Park Sports Ground
|Location||Priory Bridge Road, Taunton, Somerset|
The stadium was originally a football stadium and was used by Taunton United F.C. in c.1925. Somerset Police F.C and Taunton Town F.C both used the ground during the 1930s.
The stadium was the home of Taunton R.F.C from 1935-2001.
Greyhound racing events were held in the early 1930s before becoming a weekly event from Boxing Day 1947 until 5 December 1950. The racing was independent (not affiliated to the sports governing body the National Greyhound Racing Club) and race distances consisted of 485 and 650 yards.
Taunton Athletic Club also held fixtures at the ground.
- "OS Plan 1967-1972". old-maps.co.uk.
- "Taunton - 8 July 1925". Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser. 1925.
- "Taunton Rugby Club". Samurai Sports.com.
- "Monthly Greyhound Star (Remember When 1950) 2010 edition". Greyhound Star.
- Barnes, Julia (1988). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-15-5.
- "TAUNTON (PRIORY PARK) GREYHOUND STADIUM". Greyhound Derby.com.