Public holidays in Pakistan
Pakistan holidays are celebrated according to the Islamic or Gregorian calendars for religious and civil purposes, respectively. Religious festivals like Eid are celebrated according to the Islamic calendar whereas other national holidays like international labour day, Pakistan day, and Quaid-i-Azam Day are celebrated according to the Gregorian calendar.
Holidays in Pakistan
|Date||English Name||Local Name||Remarks|
|5 February||Kashmir Solidarity Day||یوم یکجحتی کشمیر
|Protest against Indian administration in Jammu and Kashmir.|
|23 March||Pakistan Day||یوم پاکستان
|Commemorates the Lahore Resolution, which formally demanded an independent Muslim-majority state to be created out of the British Indian Empire; the republic was also declared on this day in 1956.
A parade is also held on this day to display weapons.
|1 May||Labour Day (May Day)||یوم مزدور
|Celebrates the achievements of workers|
|14 August||Independence Day||یوم آزادی
|Marking Pakistani independence from the United Kingdom, formation of Pakistan by partition of India in 1947|
|9 November||Iqbal Day||یوم اقبال
|Birthday of national poet Muhammad Iqbal|
|25 December||Birthday of Quaid-e-Azam||یوم ولادت قائداعظم
|Birthday of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founder of Pakistan|
|Holidays of the (lunar) Islamic calendar|
|Dhul Hijja 10th-12th||Eid-ul-Adha||عید الاضحٰی||Marks the end of the Hajj pilgrimage; sacrifices offered on this day commemorate Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son|
|Shawwal 1st-3rd||Eid-ul-Fitr||عيد الفطر||Marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan|
|Rabi`-ul-Awwal 12||Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi||عيد ميلاد النبی||Birthday of the Islamic prophet Muhammad|
|Muharram 9th & 10th||Ashura/Day of Karbala||عاشوراء/یوم کربلا||Marks the day Prophet Musa crossed the Red Sea with the Bani Isra'eel; Karbala Day for Shias to the mourn for the martyred Imam Hussein ibn Ali|
- 21 April - Death Anniversary of Allama Muhammad Iqbal
- 22 April - National Book Day
- 28 May - Youm-e-Takbir
- 6 September - Army Day/Defence Day or armed forces day of Pakistan (Youm-e-Fauj/Youm-e-Difa). On this day the 1965 Indo-Pak war began
- 7 September - Air Force Day (Youm-e-Fizaia) Depend on Federal Government on this day M.M. Alam shot 5 planes in a minute in the 1965 Indo-Pak War to set a world record.
- 8 September - Victory Day/Navy Day (Youm-e-Bahria)
- 16 October - Death anniversary of Liaquat Ali Khan
- 24 October - Azad Kashmir Day (Youm-e-Tasees)
- 7 December - National Voter's Day
- "All set to celebrate National Book Day on April 22". The News International. APP. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "ECP declares Dec 7 as National Voters Day". The Nation. APP. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2018.