Queen of Peace High School (Illinois)
|Queen of Peace High School|
7659 Linder Avenue
|Type||Private, college-preparatory high school|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founders||Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters|
|Closed||June 30, 2017|
|Sister school||St. Laurence High School|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago|
|NCES School ID||00343853|
|Teaching staff||25.3 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.8|
|Color(s)||Green, White, Black|
|Athletics conference||Girls Catholic Athletic Association|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Mosaic (Literary Magazine)|
Queen of Peace High School was a private, Roman Catholic, college-preparatory high school for girls in Burbank, Illinois, United States. It was established in 1962 by the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters and was located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago. It closed on June 30, 2017 due to an extended enrollment decline and financial shortfalls.
Queen of Peace High School was established in 1962 by the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters. It used St. Laurence High School for the 1962-63 school year due to construction delays, and began classes in its own newly built facility in September 1963. The school closed on June 30, 2017 due to an extended enrollment decline and financial shortfalls.
- Delilah DiCrescenzo, distance runner
- "Search for Private Schools – School Detail for Queen of Peace High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- QOPHS. "Historical Highlights of Queen of Peace". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Swanson, Lorraine (24 January 2017). "Queen of Peace High School Announces Closing After 55 Years". Oak Lawn, IL Patch. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- Podesta, Laura (25 January 2017). "Queen of Peace High School in Burbank closing at end of semester". ABC7 Chicago. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Queen of Peace High School in Burbank to close due to declining enrollment". Daily Southtown. 25 January 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|