Queens Place (complex)
Approved design of Queens Place
|Location||350 Queen Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Fender Katsalidis Architects|
Queens Place is an approved residential complex of twin skyscrapers, to be built on 350 Queen Street in Melbourne, Victoria. Upon completion, they will be amongst the tallest buildings in Melbourne, and the tallest twin skyscrapers in Australia.
The 350 Queen Street site, which hosts KTS House –a 21-story office building– was purchased by Chinese developers 3L Alliance in October 2014, for $135 million. In 2015, 3L Alliance submitted plans through Fender Katsalidis Architects and Cox Architecture for two residential skyscrapers reaching heights of 247 metres (810 feet) and 249 metres (817 feet), respectively, and to comprise 1,700 apartments across 79 levels. These plans would retain the KTS House commercial skyscraper, which would sit in between the twin skyscrapers.
In October 2015, the project received planning approval by the City of Melbourne, before being approved by the Minister for Planning Richard Wynne in March 2016. Construction on the North Tower commenced in January 2018, with an estimated completion date in 2020.
- 350 Queen Street Complex – The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 31 January 2018
- Johanson, Simon. (6 May 2015). "City apartment boom drives twin skyscrapers plan for Queen Street site". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 12 March 2016
- Dragomir, Laurence. (8 October 2014). "The Future Melbourne (Planning) Committee makes some decisive calls". UrbanMelbourne.info. Retrieved 12 March 2016
- Lenaghan, Nick. (12 March 2016). "Mega apartment project gets green light in Melbourne CBD". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 12 March 2016
- Hutchinson, Samantha. (12 March 2016). "Apartments: $2.3bn tower projects defy slowdown prediction". The Australian. Retrieved 12 March 2016
|This article about a building or structure in Victoria (Australia) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|