Queens Road Peckham railway station
|Queens Road Peckham|
|Local authority||London Borough of Southwark|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||London, Brighton and South Coast Railway|
|13 August 1866||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Queens Road Peckham railway station is in the London Borough of Southwark and also serves the area to the east of Peckham, in the London Borough of Lewisham. It is on the South London Line, 2 miles 58 chains (4.4 km) from London Bridge, and trains also go to Croydon via various routes and beyond. It is on the road of that name and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
The station opened with the line on 13 August 1866, and had two wooden side platforms and an intermediate centre platform to serve the third centre line.
The present island platform dates from the 1970s which is on a viaduct with the line: there are 48 steps leading to it, and one block of platform buildings.
The typical Monday-Saturday off peak service in trains per hour is:
- 4 to London Bridge, calling at South Bermondsey
- 2 to Caterham, calling at Peckham Rye and then East Dulwich, North Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Streatham, Streatham Common, Norbury, Thornton Heath, Selhurst, East Croydon, Purley, Kenley, Whyteleafe and Whyteleafe South
- 2 to Beckenham Junction, calling at all stations to Tulse Hill and then West Norwood, Gipsy Hill, Crystal Palace and Birkbeck
- 4 to Clapham Junction calling at Peckham Rye, Denmark Hill, Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road
- 4 to Dalston Junction calling at Surrey Quays, Canada Water, Rotherhithe, Wapping, Shadwell, Whitechapel, Shoreditch High Street, Hoxton, Haggerston and Dalston Junction.
One late night weekday service runs to Battersea Park instead of Clapham Junction, following the former route of the South London Line prior to the inauguration of the ELL Phase 2 extension Two Monday to Friday services to Dalston Junction also start from there.
On Sundays this is:
- 4 to London Bridge
- 2 to East Croydon
- 2 to Crystal Palace
- 4 to Clapham Junction
- 4 to Highbury & Islington via Dalston Junction
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London Bridge to West Croydon
and Beckenham Junction
towards Dalston Junction
|South London Line||
towards Clapham Junction
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- South London Line Published by Middleton Press Map
- Table 178 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Queens Road Peckham railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Queens Road Peckham railway station from National Rail
- Station information from Southern
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|