|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Cities and towns in the Sreerampur Uttarpara CD Block in Srirampore subdivision in Hooghly district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town,
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Raghunathpur is located at .
Rishra (CT), Bamunari, Nawapara, Nabagram Colony, Kanaipur , Basai and Raghunathpur form a cluster of census towns on the eastern side of the series of statutory towns/ cities – Rishra, Konnagar and Uttarpara.
Srirampore subdivision is the most urbanized of the subdivisions in Hooghly district. 73.13% of the population in the subdivision is urban and 26.88% is rural. The subdivision has 6 municipalities and 34 census towns. The municipalities are: Uttarpara Kotrung Municipality, Konnagar Municipality, Serampore Municipality, Baidyabati Municipality, Rishra Municipality and Dankuni Municipality. Amongst the CD Blocks in the subdivision, Uttarapara Serampore (census towns shown in the map alongside) had 76% urban population, Chanditala I 42%, Chanditala II 69% and Jangipara 7% (census towns in the last 3 CD Blocks are shown in a separate map).All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per 2011 Census of India, Raghunathpur had a total population of 9,650 of which 4,903 (51%) were males and 4,747 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 895. The total number of literates in Raghunathpur was 7,356 (84.02% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) had a population of 7,996. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 66%. In Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni), 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolkata Urban Agglomeration
The following Municipalities and Census Towns in Hooghly district were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census: Bansberia (M), Hugli-Chinsurah (M), Bara Khejuria (Out Growth), Shankhanagar (CT), Amodghata (CT), Chak Bansberia (CT), Naldanga (CT), Kodalia (CT), Kulihanda (CT), Simla (CT), Dharmapur (CT), Bhadreswar (M), Champdani (M), Chandannagar (M Corp.), Baidyabati (M), Serampore (M), Rishra (M), Rishra (CT), Bamunari (CT), Dakshin Rajyadharpur (CT), Nabagram Colony (CT), Konnagar (M), Uttarpara Kotrung (M), Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) (CT), Kanaipur (CT) and Keota (CT).
- "District-wise list of stautory towns". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2009.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal: District Census Handbook, Hooghly" (PDF). Map of Serampur-Uttarpara CD Block, page 635. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Hooghly". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.