Raiders of the Seven Seas
|Raiders of the Seven Seas|
|Directed by||Sidney Salkow|
|Produced by||Edward Small|
|Written by||John O'Dea|
Lon Chaney Jr
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Cinematography||W. Howard Greene|
|Edited by||Buddy Small|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
The pirate Barbarossa raids the Sultan of Morocco's ships and captures a betrothed woman.
- John Payne as Barbarossa
- Donna Reed as Alida
- Gerald Mohr as Capt. Jose Salcedo
- Lon Chaney Jr. as Peg Leg
- Anthony Caruso as Renzo
- Henry Brandon as Capt. Goiti
- Skip Torgerson as Datu
- Frank De Kova as Capt. Romero
- William Tannen as Ramon
- Christopher Dark as Pablo
- Claire DuBrey as Señora Salcedo
- Howard Freeman as Mayor Pompano
The film was originally known as Storm over the Caribbean, Barbarossa and Swords Against the Mast. It was an original story co written by director Sidney Salkow, who subsequently signed a long-term contract with producer Edward Small.
- Flame of Araby (1951), with Barbarossa and his brother as villains
- Article at Turner Classic Movies accessed 19 May 2013
- Selznick Slates 'Gone' as Stage Musical; Payne and Donna Reed Costars Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 22 Sep 1952: B9.
- FREDRIC MARCH SET FOR FOX FILM LEAD: Signs for Top Role in 'Man on a Tightrope,' Anti-Communist Story to Be Made Abroad Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 02 Aug 1952: 7.
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|