|Founder||Jacinto Roca, Josep Mitjà|
|Jacinto Roca (CEO)|
Josep Mitjà (COO)
Miquel Barba (CTO)
|Products||Video on demand films and tv series|
Number of employees
Rakuten TV is a video-on-demand (VOD) streaming service, offering movies and TV series for subscription, rental and purchase. Rakuten TV's catalogue includes content from studios around the world including Warner Bros., Disney, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, local distributors, and independent labels, being the smallest and least known service among its competitors.
The company is headquartered in Barcelona and currently operates in eleven countries around Europe; Spain, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Portugal and Switzerland.
In July 2017 – Wuaki.tv changed its name to Rakuten TV.
In May 2018 – Rakuten took over the user base from TalkTalk TV Store (previously Blinkbox) including migration of user purchased titles.
In 11 June 2019 – Rakuten announced the launch of Rakuten Sports, a new live streaming and video on demand (VOD) sports entertainment platform to expand and deliver sports content to several countries around the world, after eleven countries across the Europe. Starts 14 June, sports fans around the world will able to watch J.League football matches. Sports fans also can watch the original series Iniesta TV, which follows the international soccer star Andrés Iniesta who plays for the Rakuten Group’s J.League soccer club, Vissel Kobe. In addition to football, Rakuten Sports plans to add to its offerings by introducing basketball, table tennis and other sports in the future. Going forward, the sports entertainment platform also plans to introduce new user engagement capabilities that will allow global sports fans to interact with the content while communicating with other sports fans in new, innovative ways. Rakuten aims to contribute to the further empowerment of the global sports community by distributing sports-based content that appeals to fans around the world.
Note : J-league matches on Rakuten Sports is not available in Japan, Balkan countries, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Macau, MENA countries, Mongolia, Thailand, and USA
- Woods, Ben. "Wuaki.Tv Is Now Available to Stream on Chromecast in the UK". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv streaming service now available on Xbox 360, £2.99 a month for life offer still on - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv video service gets Android, iPad app support in UK". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki launches new 4K smart TV app » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Wauters, Robin. "Rakuten Acquires Spanish Video-On-Demand Company Wuaki.tv". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Rakuten launches live streaming, VOD service, delivering sports content to fans worldwide". Japan Today. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
|This Spanish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|