A highriser under construction at Ramankulangara
|• Body||Kollam Municipal Corporation(KMC)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kollam|
|Civic agency||Kollam Municipal Corporation|
|Avg. summer temperature||34 °C (93 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||22 °C (72 °F)|
Ramankulangara is a neighbourhood of Kollam city, India. It is 4 km away from Chinnakada and nearly 5 km from Kollam Junction Railway Station. Ramankulangara lies on the north side of the city. It is in Kavanad council of Kollam Municipal Corporation.
Places of interest
Most of the parts of Ramankulangara lies on the banks of Ashtamudi Lake. Vattakkayal, another freshwater lake in Kollam city, is located just 2 km to the west of Ramankulangara. BSF is planning to start a water training centre in Vattakkayal. The final decision is yet to come. Ramankulangara is also an important trading centre of the Kollam corporation famous for fish and vegetables. Maruthadi just 2 km from Ramankulangara is an important fishing centre. Ramankulangara was chosen for the proposed Law College of Kollam and for the Kendriya Vidyalaya which is currently functioning at Mulamkadakam. The new campus for Kollam Kendriya Vidyalaya is coming up at Ramankulangara.
- "Kerala students ask compensation for KMML gas leak victims". Deccan Chronicle. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Councils - Kollam Municipal Corporation". Kollam Corporation. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "A stream fading into history". The Hindu. 20 September 2004. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Heavy Metal Concentration in Vattakayal" (PDF). IJRSR. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Kollam KV faces uncertainty". The Hindu. 22 February 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Kollam Corporation Wards 
|This article related to a location in Kollam district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|