This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ramon Pramod Junior Tikaram
16 May 1967
|Years active||1994 – present|
Born in Singapore, Tikaram is the son of Fijian-Indian British Army soldier Pramod Tikaram and Sarawakian mother Fatimah Rohani. His younger sister is singer-songwriter Tanita Tikaram. Tikaram is the great-nephew of Sir Moti Tikaram who was the first Lord Chief Justice of an independent Fiji and the world's longest serving national ombudsman.
After attending six primary schools in the United Kingdom and Germany, Tikaram was sent to the Duke of York's Royal Military School in the town of Dover in Kent in 1978, and won a place at the University of Kent at Canterbury, followed by the National Youth Theatre in London.
In 1992, Tikaram had a recording contract and released two singles followed by the album Chill and Kiss, the latter with musicians including brothers Bill and Ian Nelson on guitar and sax respectively.
In 1996, he played the recurring character of Ferdinand "Ferdy" Garcia in the BBC TV series This Life.
In October 2009, it was announced that Tikaram would appear in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders. He played the part of Qadim Shah, father of the already established character Amira Shah. He appeared on-screen in the role from 17 December 2009 to 29 April 2010 in two separate stints, he returned on 6 September 2011 but left again and returned on 6 January and left again. Tikaram also provided voice acting for the character of Gabe Weller in the 2009 video game Dead Space: Extraction.
Tikaram performed the role of the King of Siam in a UK tour of the musical The King and I, ending in May 2012. In November 2012, he also provided the voice of World Eaters Captain Macer Varren for the Black Library audio drama, "Garro: Sword of Truth", part of the long-running Horus Heresy series.
- Johnny's Coming Home (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
- Hey! (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
- Chill and Kiss Bill Nelson guitar, Ian Nelson sax on some tracks (1992) German release DSB (Deutsche Schallplatten GmbH Berlin)
Selected film credits
- Dean Spanley
- Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love
- Mischief Night
- 5 Greedy Bankers
- Tad the Lost Explorer and the Secret of King Midas
Selected television credits
- Dream Team
- Game of Thrones
- Happy Valley
- Krakatoa: The Last Days
- Man Down
- The Mighty Boosh
- Mile High
- Moving On
- My Spy Family
- This Life
- Thunderbirds Are Go
- Father Brown episode 1.3 "The Wrong Shape"
- Midsomer Murders episode 18.4 "A Dying Art"
- The Coroner episode 2.9 "Pieces of Eight"
- Death in Paradise series 6, episode 2
- Doctors series 19, episode 140 "Dreams are Made On"
- The Victim
Selected video game credits
- Dead Space: Extraction
- Fable III
- James Bond 007: Blood Stone
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- Dark Souls III
- Need for Speed Payback
- League of Legends
- IMDB, Roman Tikaram: Other Works https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0863130/otherworks
- Green, Kris (16 October 2009). "'This Life' actor Tikaram joins 'Enders". Digital Spy. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- The King and I Archived 28 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Garcia, Elio (19 August 2012). "Two More for S3: Ramon Tikaram, Dan Hildebrand Join Cast". westeros.org. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (27 May 2016). "The Legacy of Kain game that was cancelled three years in". Eurogamer. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7243342/. Missing or empty
- "Ramon Tikaram". IMDb. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- "Meet the cast of BBC1's The Victim". Radio Times.
- Ramon Tikaram on IMDb
- BBC News Online: "This Life's Ferdy not coming back" from October 2006
- "Making Mischief" Future Movies from November 2011