Farm to Market Road 2200 (FM 2200) is located entirely in Medina County.
FM 2200 begins at an intersection with US 90 in D'Hanis. The highway travels in a southern direction along the eastern edge of the town, leaving the city limits near County Road 5223. FM 2200 generally runs in a southern direction through rural farming areas, turning east at County Road 731. The highway has an overlap with FM 462 near Yancey. After leaving Yancey, FM 2200 mostly runs in an eastern direction towards Devine, ending at an intersection with SH 173.
The current FM 2200 was designated on October 31, 1958, running from SH 173 in Devine westward to FM 462 near Yancey at a distance of 14.2 miles (22.9 km). The highway was extended 5.1 miles (8.2 km) northwest of FM 462 on May 2, 1962, creating an overlap with that highway. FM 2200 was extended 11.0 miles (17.7 km) to US 90 on May 6, 1964.
The original FM 2200 was designated on October 29, 1953, traveling from SH 123 near Stockdale, southwestward to a road intersection at a distance of 6.5 miles (10.5 km). The highway was cancelled and combined with FM 537 on October 29, 1954.
Farm to Market Road 2201 (FM 2201) is located entirely in Palo Pinto County.
FM 2201 begins at an intersection with FM 4 in Santo. The highway travels in a northeast direction before turning in a more eastern direction near the Santo Volunteer Fire Department. FM 2201 continues to travel in a mostly eastern direction through rural farming areas, ending at an intersection with US 281 just north of I-20.
FM 2201 was designated on December 2, 1953 along the current route.
Farm to Market Road 2202 (FM 2202) is located entirely in Moore County in the Panhandle.
FM 2202 begins at an intersection with SH 354. The highway travels in a northern direction, ending at an intersection with FM 722. FM 2202 is rural for its entire length, traveling near several farms and ranches.
FM 2202 was designated on October 28, 1953 along the current route.
Farm to Market Road 2203 (FM 2203) is located entirely in Moore County in the Panhandle.
FM 2203 begins at an intersection with SH 152 in Dumas. The highway travels in a northern direction along Maddox Avenue through a suburban area of the town. FM 2203 leaves Dumas at an intersection with McClary Lane, with the route becoming more rural. The highway travels in a northern direction through rural farming and ranching areas, ending at an intersection with FM 119 near the North Plains Country Club.
FM 2203 was designated on October 28, 1953 along the current route.
Farm to Market Road 2205, FM 2205, or Jaycee Road is a Farm to Market Road in Texas, running from Loop 281 east to SH 31 in Longview. FM 2205 was designated on October 28, 1953 along its current route. On June 27, 1995, FM 2205 became an urban road.
FM 2208 was designated on October 28, 1953 from US 80 to the Harrison County line. On October 31, 1957, it extended to FM 449. On December 31, 1959, it extended following FM 449 to FM 450 and replaced FM 2256 from FM 450 to FM 134. On October 27, 1963, the section from FM 450 to FM 2657 was transferred to FM 559, along with FM 2657 itself. On June 27, 1995, the section from FM 2879 to US 80 became an urban road.
Farm to Market Road 2209 (FM 2209) is located entirely in Willacy County.
FM 2209 begins at an intersection with County Road 380. The highway travels in an eastern direction, turning south at an unnamed county road. FM 2209 intersects FM 3142, then travels through the town of San Perlita. The highway continues to travel in a southern direction, ending at an intersection with SH 186. FM 2209's route is rural for most of its length, traveling through large, marshy farming areas.
FM 2209 was designated on December 2, 1953, traveling from SH 186 northward to a road intersection at a distance of 1.7 miles (2.7 km). The highway was extended 3.4 miles (5.5 km) to FM 497 on May 2, 1962. FM 2209 was extended 3.6 miles (5.8 km) from FM 497 to a road intersection on May 5, 1966. On May 31, 1973, the highway's routing was changed, with the old route being renumbered FM 3142, while FM 2209 was rerouted replacing a section of SH 186 to FM 497. SH 186 was truncated, but SH 186 was signed but not designated along FM 497. The redesignation of FM 497 to SH 186 became official on August 26, 1990.
Farm to Market Road 2210 (FM 2210) is located in Jack and Wise counties.
FM 2210 begins at an intersection with FM 4 in the Bartons Chapel area. The highway travels in an eastern direction, turning south at Pump Station Road, then turning back east near Heliport Road. FM 2210 continues to run in an eastern direction, intersecting US 281 in Perrin. A few miles east of Perrin, the highway turns north at Lone Star Road, intersects SH 199 southeast of Joplin, then turns back to the east near Willow Point. FM 2210 continues to run in an eastern direction, ending at an intersection with FM 920 in Balsora.
FM 2210 was designated on October 28, 1953, traveling from SH 199 southward to Gibtown at a distance of 3.0 miles (4.8 km). The highway was extended 13.4 miles (21.6 km) to a road intersection northwest of Perrin onSeptember 20, 1961, absorbing all of FM 2350. The highway was extended 6.1 miles (9.8 km) westward to FM 206] (now FM 4) on June 28, 1963. FM 2210 was extended 3.9 miles (6.3 km) northeast of SH 199 to the Wise County line on May 5, 1966. The highway was extended 5.3 miles (8.5 km) to FM 920 at Balsora on May 7, 1970.
FM 2215 has no local street names. Rural for the most part, the landscape along the road includes rolling hills of alternating open pastures and trees. The road has 2 lanes and no shoulders for its entire length. FM 2215 serves only Berryville, and is within the town's city limits for its entire length. It connects the small lakeside town to SH 155, which leads to Frankston to the south, and Coffee City, Dogwood City, Noonday, and Tyler to the north. FM 2215 only intersects with local county roads besides that of SH 155, its west terminus.
The current FM 2215 was commissioned on April 25, 1978, though it is unclear as to when FM 2215 was completed. The road replaced a narrow, bumpy county road that was in existence through most of the 1970s.
FM 2215 was first designated on January 27, 1954, running from FM 8 near Stephenville southeastward to US 67 at a distance of 1.2 miles (1.9 km). This highway was removed from the state highway system on August 1, 1967 in exchange for the new FM 988, a road that intersects US 67 to the west.
FM 2218 begins at a traffic signal on SH 36 in Pleak. There is a filling station on the northeast corner and the Pleak City Hall is nearby. The highway immediately heads northeast. On the outskirts of Pleak, FM 2218 curves north, then it turns north-northeast near the Meadow Bend Park Estates subdivision. Near Lane Airpark, the highway veers northeast again. At a distance 3.8 miles (6.1 km) from its starting point, the highway comes to the Interstate 69 (I-69)/U.S. Route 59 (US 59) overpass. FM 2218 continues northeast from I-69/US 59 through Rosenberg, with traffic lights at Airport Avenue, Avenue N, Reading Road and Town Center Boulevard. This stretch of the highway is also known as B. F. Terry Boulevard. B. F. Terry High School in the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District is situated on the northwest side of FM 2218 between Airport and Avenue N. The highway ends at a traffic signal on FM 1640. There is a Walmart on the south side and a Wharton County Junior College campus on the north side.
FM 2218 was first designated on March 24, 1954, to run from FM 1640 at Richmond to SH 36 at Pleak. Since its original authorization there has been no change to the route.
The original FM 2223 was designated on May 21, 1954 from FM 201 (now FM 56) southwest to the Paluxy River. Later that year, this route was cancelled, and mileage was transferred to FM 204, which would become part of FM 51 in 1984.
Farm to Market Road 2227 (FM 2227) is a former highway that was located in Ector County.
FM 2227 was designated on September 29, 1954, running from US 80 (now BL I-20) in Odessa southward to SH 51 (now US 385) at a distance of 3.7 miles (6.0 km). The highway was cancelled on September 29, 1992, with the mileage being transferred to FM 1882.
The first FM 2233 was designated on September 29, 1954, running from Loop 16 (now US 62 / US 85) in El Paso, eastward and southeastward to FM 659 near Ysleta at a distance of 8.0 miles (12.9 km). The highway was extended 18.2 miles (29.3 km) southeastward to a road intersection near Fabens on November 29, 1955. FM 2233 was cancelled on December 19, 1959, becoming part of I-10.
The second FM 2233 was designated in 1961, running from SH 174 northwestward to the Tarrant County line at a distance of 2.2 miles (3.5 km). The highway was cancelled in 1964, with the mileage being transferred to FM 731.
FM 2234 is an urban and suburban route between Missouri City and Pearland, south-southwest of Houston. Beginning at Alternate Highway 90, the road follows a southerly path through neighborhoods of Missouri City, in Fort Bend County, passing briefly through Stafford. After making an east curve, FM 2234 passes briefly through Houston and then crosses under the Fort Bend Parkway. It then travels into more undeveloped areas, for a distance following a south boundary of Houston. After intersecting with FM 521, FM 2234 enters Brazoria County and ends at State Highway 288 (SH 288) in the Shadow Creek Ranch area of Pearland. The highway is signed north-south until it reaches the FM 521 intersection, from which it is signed as an east-west highway.
FM 2234 was designated from US 59 (now US 90 Alternate) to the Blue Ridge State Prison Farm. On September 21, 1955, it was extended east to FM 521. On April 30, 1987, it was extended east to SH 288. Effective June 27, 1995, FM 2234 was re-designated as Urban Road 2234 (UR 2234), but the highway continues to be signed as a farm-to-market road.
Farm to Market Road 2240 (FM 2240) is located entirely in Bowie County in the city of Texarkana. The highway is known locally as Moores Lane.
FM 2240 begins at an intersection with FM 559. The highway travels in a eastern direction through a suburban area, passing Pleasant Grove Middle School and the First Baptist Church, ending at an intersection with FM 1397. FM 2240 is three lanes for its entire length: one eastbound lane, one westbound, and a center turn-lane.
The current FM 2240 was designated on June 22, 1964 from FM 559 to FM 1397. On June 27, 1995, the entire highway was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2240 by TxDOT.
The original FM 2240 was designated on September 29, 1954, running from FM 20 near Lockhart, southeastward to FM 86 near Brownsboro at a distance of 9.7 miles (15.6 km). This highway was cancelled in 1964, with the mileage being transferred to FM 1322.
Farm to Market Road 2243 (FM 2243) was first designated on September 29, 1954, connecting US 183 in Leander to US 81 (later replaced by IH 35 Business) in Georgetown. A westward extension of about 4.4 mi (7.1 km), from US 183 to Travis County, was added on May 5, 1966; that same year, the route was reinventoried by TxDOT as an RM.
RM 2243 begins in Leander, at an intersection with US 183. It travels to the east along South Street, crossing the current 183A Toll Road along its current non-controlled-access northern stub. RM 2243 then crosses the Ronald Reagan Boulevard arterial, which provides access to FM 734 and RM 1431 in Cedar Park to the south and to SH 29 to the north. Farther east, the route enters Georgetown, where it is known as Leander Drive, and has a junction with IH 35 at its Exit #260. The RM 2243 designation ends at South Austin Avenue (the former IH 35 Business, now designated Spur 26). The roadway continues as FM 1460.
RM 2243 was designated on May 5, 1966 when FM 2243 was re-designated. The segment west of US 183 was removed from the state highway system and returned to the city of Leander's jurisdiction on April 24, 2003.
Farm to Market Road 2248 (FM 2248) is a former highway that was located in Mills County.
FM 2248 was designated on September 29, 1954, running from FM 575 northeastward to a road intersection at a distance of 5.1 miles (8.2 km). The highway was cancelled on September 2, 1955, with the mileage being transferred to FM 2005.
FM 2249 runs from 2.0 miles west of Dell City, eastward through Dell City, before ending at FM 1576.
On September 29, 1954, FM 2249 was designated from Dell City 4.0 miles eastward and 2.0 miles northward. On December 17 of that year, FM 2249 was changed so that it went 3.0 miles eastward and 3.0 miles northward. On July 28, 1955, FM 2249 extended west 2 miles. On September 18, 1957, the north-south portion was transferred to FM 1576.
FM 2252 was designated on October 13, 1954, with a northern terminus at the Comal County line. It was extended to its current length on September 5, 1973, through Comal County to and along FM 1337 which started at Bracken, with a spur route into Bracken. The spur route was removed on March 31, 1976. On June 27, 1995, the portion between IH 410 and FM 3009 was officially changed to Urban Road 2252 (UR 2252); however, as with other urban roads, TxDOT continues to sign the route with the farm-to-market route marker.
Farm to Market Road 2253 (FM 2253) is located entirely in Bowie County.
FM 2253 begins at an intersection with US 82 in eastern Leary. The highway travels in a generally northern direction, intersecting I-30 and FM 2148 before leaving the town. North of Leary, FM 2253 travels through rural areas with playa lakes and farms, ending at an intersection with FM 559 northeast of Wamba.
FM 2253 was designated on October 13, 1954, traveling from FM 2148 northward to FM 559 at a distance of 4.8 miles (7.7 km). On May 26, 1966, the highway was extended 1.7 miles (2.7 km) southward to US 82 over part of FM 2148.
FM 2255 begins at an intersection with Spur 309 in Lubbock near Reese Center. The highway runs east, meeting FM 179 (Inler Avenue) at a stop sign-controlled intersection. Between Inler Avenue and Milwaukee Avenue, FM 2255 runs in a rural area of northern Lubbock. East of Milwaukee Avenue, the highway sees much more development along its route, including commercial developments and numerous subdivisions. From Quaker Avenue to US 82 (Marsha Sharp Freeway), FM 2255 runs through the northern half of Texas Tech University and passes by University Medical Center. The highway ends at an interchange with the Marsha Sharp Freeway.
The entire highway is known locally in Lubbock as 4th Street.
FM 2255 was designated on September 21, 1955 from War Highway 5 (now Spur 309) east to west Lubbock City Limits. On March 29, 1956, FM 2255 extended east to US 82. On June 27, 1995, FM 2255 changed to an urban road. There have been no changes since.
The second use of FM 2265 was designated on September 21, 1955, from US 70 2.3 moles west of the Floyd-Motley county line northward 5.3 miles to a road intersection. FM 2265 was cancelled on March 21, 1957 and mileage was transferred to FM 28.
Farm to Market Road 2274, or FM 2274, in the eastern part of Texas (USA), runs about 12.24 miles (19.70 km) from an intersection with TX 204 in Ponta north past two multiplex intersections, then onward to an intersection with FM 856 south of the community of Concord. The road is located in east-northeast Cherokee County.
FM 2274 has no local street names. Mostly rural for all of its length, FM 2274 passes by a landscape of rolling hills of trees and farmland. All of FM 2274 has 2 lanes and no shoulders.
The original commissioning for FM 2274 by Minute Order came on October 26, 1954. The road in that Order spanned 8.3 miles (13.4 km) between TX 204 and US 79. Another Minute Order was added on May 6, 1964, this added 4.1 miles (6.6 km) more to the road. This extra mileage was along a route north of US 79, to an intersection with FM 856 near Concord. The road serves just the town of Ponta. The southern terminus intersection connects to TX 204 which goes east to near Nacogdoches and west to Jacksonville and Tyler; while the northern terminus intersection connects to FM 856 which goes north to Concord and south to near New Summerfield. Besides intersections at various county roads, FM 2274 has a brief multiplex with FM 235, an intersection with FM 3288, a brief multiplex with US 79, and its termini at TX 204 and at FM 856.
FM 2275 was designated on October 26, 1954 from US 271 east to SH 300 (then FM 1403). The entire highway was internally re-deisngated as Urban Road 2275 on June 27, 1995. On February 24, 2011 TXDOT announced that FM 2275 will be extended 4.4 miles to US 259.
In 1995, TxDOT internally designated FM 2281 as Urban Road 2281.
FM 2281 begins in Carrollton at an intersection with Hebron Parkway. The highway runs through a heavily developed area of the city. FM 2281 enters Lewisville and intersects with FM 544 before ending at the Sam Rayburn Tollway.
Many housing developments line the highway for most of its length.
FM 2281 was designated on October 26, 1954, from FM 544 south to the Denton-Dallas county line. On July 28, 1994, FM 2281 extended north to SH 121. On November 16, 2000, the section south of Hebron Parkway was given to the city of Carrollton.
FM 2288 was designated on October 26, 1954, traveling from US 87 southward to FM 853 at a distance of 10.2 miles (16.4 km). The highway was extended 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of FM 853 to US 67 on October 31, 1957. In 1995, the section of FM 2288 between US 67 and RM 853 was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2288 by TxDOT on June 27, 1995.