Farm to Market Road 600 (or FM 600) is located in Haskell, Jones and Taylor counties.
FM 600 begins at I-20 in Abilene and runs in a northern direction along West Lake Road before turning northeast at FM 3308 and turning back north at FM 3034. In northern Abilene, the highway runs near the western shore of Fort Phantom Hill Lake, leaving the city limits north of the FM 1082 intersection. FM 600 runs through rural areas of Jones County, intersecting US 180 east of Anson and has a short overlap with SH 6 through the town of Avoca. After the overlap with SH 6, the highway runs in an eastern direction before turning back north at County Road 223. FM 600 crosses over Lake Stamford before sharing an overlap with FM 618 near Paint Creek. The highway runs through rural areas of Haskell County before ending at an intersection with US 380 on the eastern edge of Haskell.
FM 600 was designated on July 25, 1945, running from US 380 (now SH 6) to a point 8 miles to the northeast. On December 16, 1948, the highway was extended further north to FM 142. On September 27, 1960, FM 600 was extended north to FM 618. On October 22, 1962, FM 600 was rerouted over a section of FM 142 south and west to US 380 (now SH 6), while the old route east and south to Lueders was transferred to FM 142. FM 600 absorbed FM 1834 north of FM 618 and FM 1193 south of US 380, extending the highway to I-20. On June 27, 1995, the section of FM 600 between I-20 and FM 3034 was internally re-designated as Urban Road 600 by TxDOT.
The first FM 602 was designated on June 6, 1945 from Cross Plains south to the Brown County line. On August 23, 1945, SH 279 extended north over FM 602, but FM 602 was not cancelled yet. On September 26, 1945, FM 602 was cancelled as it was already a portion of SH 279.
FM 603 begins at SH 36 west of the community of Denton. It proceeds north, passing through the community of Eula. It crosses FM 18 before reaching its northern terminus at I-20 west of Clyde.
FM 603 was designated on June 6, 1945 from Eula to what was then US 80, a distance of 4.8 miles (7.7 km). On September 19, 1951, US 80 was relocated a mile to the north, and the old route was replaced by FM 18. On October 31, 1958, FM 603 was extended south to SH 36, increasing its length to 10.6 miles (17.1 km). On September 20, 1961, it was extended an additional half mile to the north, to the new routing of US 80, which later became I-20.
Farm to Market Road 606 is located in Willacy County, in the Rio Grande Valley. The highway is located entirely within the community of Port Mansfield, passing through mainly residential areas.
FM 606 begins at its southern terminus, Texas State Highway 186, as a two-lane, paved road. The highway is located less than 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico. The road proceeds north-northwest, passing numerous small houses and empty housing lots and intersecting several small local roads. The highway bends slightly, proceeding in a northward direction and passing several more houses before intersecting County Road 4150. The route continues northward, passing several more small houses and lots before passing a small park and the Fred Stone County Fishing Pier. The highway proceeds a short distance northward before reaching its northern terminus at a dead end point.
FM 606 was designated on October 26, 1954 on the current route, from FM 497 (now SH 186) to a dead end point.
The first FM 606 was designated on July 26, 1945 from US 180 at Boys Chapel 4 miles north to Hamlin Lake. On December 16, 1948, the route was extended north 4.1 miles to US 83. FM 606 was cancelled on October 22, 1954 and combined with FM 126.
Farm to Market Road 607 is located in Henderson County. It runs from SH 31 at Brownsboro to Loop 60 at La Rue.
FM 607 was designated on November 20, 1951 on the current route. This was a renumbering a portion of FM 314, which was rerouted on a new road to the east. This portion of FM 314 was numbered as FM 313 until December 3, 1948, but FM 313 was already assigned elsewhere on May 23, 1951.
The first FM 607 was designated on July 28, 1945 from FM 53 east via Nolan to Dora. On August 26, 1948 the road was extended to the Taylor County line. FM 607 was cancelled on November 20, 1951 and combined with FM 126.
FM 608 was designated on July 26, 1945, from US 80 (now Business I-20) in Roscoe south 8 miles to Highland School. On February 27, 1948, FM 608 extended to Maryneal. On September 29, 1954, FM 608 extended northeast to SH 70. On October 31, 1957, FM 608 extended to the Nolan-Fisher County Line. On September 27, 1960, FM 608 extended north to FM 611, completing its current route.
Farm to Market Road 609 is located in Fayette County. It runs from US 90 in Flatonia northeast to Business SH 71-E west of La Grange.
FM 609 was designated om May 23, 1951 from US 90 in Flatonia northeast 3.8 miles to a road intersection. On November 20, 1951, the road was extended 8.7 miles northeast. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended northeast to SH 71 (now Business SH 71-E), replacing FM 1294. On September 5, 1973 the section from SH 71 northwest 2.5 miles was added, creating a concurrency with SH 71. This concurrency was removed in 1977, when the section was cancelled.
FM 611 was designated on July 23, 1945, from US 180 northward 4 miles to Hobbs. On May 23, 1951, FM 611 extended east to SH 70, replacing FM 646. On October 31, 1957, FM 611 extended south 5 miles. On October 31, 1958, FM 611 extended to its end at FM 419.
Farm to Market Road 616 is located in Victoria, Jackson, and Matagorda counties. It runs from FM 404 at Bloomington to SH 35 at Blessing.
FM 616 was designated on July 25, 1945 from SH 172 at La Ward east 5 miles. On August 4, 1945, FM 616 was changed to that it instead went from SH 172 west 5 miles to Lolita. On February 25, 1949, the road was extended north 3.2 miles to a road intersection. On July 14 of that year, a 6-mile section from the end of FM 616 to SH 111 was added. on March 27, 1951, the section from SH 111 to Lolita was renumbered FM 1593, while the section from FM 234 at Vanderbilt to Lolita was added. On September 29, 1954, the road was extended west to La Salle, replacing a section of FM 234, and east to SH 35 at Blessing, replacing FM 1727 (the section from SH 35 to Blessing is former Spur 93 and previously SH 177). On October 31, 1958, the road was extended southwest to FM 404 (now SH 185) at Bloomington, replacing FM 1302.
FM 619 begins in Lee County at FM 696, just north of the Bastrop County line. It travels northward and soon enters Williamson County. The route is primarily rural and does not go through any major cities or communities, other than passing just east of Taylor, where it has a brief concurrency with FM 112 and crosses US 79. The route's northern terminus is at FM 1331, south of Granger Lake.
The highway has one spur route, FM Spur 619, which runs from just north of the Williamson–Lee county line eastward and southward to the county line. It is a former alignment of the main route through the community of Beaukiss.
FM 619 was designated in Williamson County on June 11, 1945, beginning at FM 112 and ending in the community of Structure. The southern extension to the Lee County line, along what is the present-day route and its spur route south of the junction, occurred on December 17, 1952. On September 29, 1954, a southward extension into Lee County was designated, and the two routes were joined via a new alignment, creating the spur route. The northward extension to FM 1331 took effect on June 28, 1963.
Ranch to Market Road 620 is located in Travis and Williamson counties. It runs from SH 71 in Bee Cave to I-35 in Round Rock. RM 620 runs concurrent with the service roads of the SH 45 toll road.
RM 620 was designated on July 9, 1945 as FM 620, from US 81 (Later Loop 384 and after that, Business I-35-L) in Round Rock to SH 29 (now US 183). On May 13, 1946, the road was extended to the Travis County line. On August 26, 1948, it was extended 4.1 miles to Hickmuntown (also known as Four Points). On December 17, 1952, the road was extended 13.5 miles southwest to RM 93 (now SH 71). FM 620 was changed to RM 620 on October 1, 1956. In 1995, the entire route was transferred to UR 620. On February 28, 2013, the section from I-35 east to Business I-35-L (Business I-35-L was removed at the same time, and this section is now Mays Street) was removed from the state highway system and turned over to the city of Round Rock.
The first use of the FM 632 designation was in San Patricio County. FM 632 was designated on July 9, 1945 from Gregory southeast to Ingleside. On June 1, 1948 the road was extended to Aransas Pass. FM 632 was cancelled on January 13, 1969 and transferred to SH 361.
The second use of the FM 632 designation was in Mason County. FM 632 was designated on September 5, 1973 from US 87, 0.5 mile south of US 377 north of Mason, east and south to SH 29. On May 7, 1974 the road was extended west and south to RM 1871, a break in the route was added at RM 386, and FM 632 was changed to RM 632.
The first FM 634 was designated on July 2, 1945 from Silver City to Blooming Grove. On September 26, 1945 the road was extended to SH 22, replacing the former Spur 31. FM 634 was cancelled on July 20, 1948 and reassigned to FM 55.
The second FM 634 was designated on May 23, 1951, from US 87 in Hale Center to FM 594 north of Cotton Center. FM 634 was cancelled on November 20, 1951 in exchange for the creation of FM 1914, which runs parallel one block north.
Farm to Market Road 639 is located in Navarro County. It runs from SH 22, 1.7 miles west of Frost, to FM 55. There is a concurrency with FM 744.
FM 639 was designated on July 2, 1945 from SH 22, 1.7 miles west of Frost to Emmett. On July 15, 1949 the road was extended to FM 1127 at Rush Prairie. On October 26, 1949 the road was extended to SH 31 at Dawson, replacing FM 1127. On November 1, 1962 the road was shortened to end at FM 744 at Emmett; the section from Emmett east 2.4 miles to FM 918 (as well as FM 918 itself) was transferred to FM 744, the section from FM 918 south 2.1 miles was renumbered FM 1578, the section from 2.1 miles south of FM 918 south 2.3 miles was removed from the highway system (as it was inundated) and the section from 4.4 miles south of FM 918 south to SH 31 was transferred to FM 709. On August 31, 1971 the road was extended south and east to FM 55, creating a concurrency with FM 744 and replacing FM 3164. Note that one section from FM 744 to the former end of FM 3164 has not been built yet.
A two-lane highway along its entire route, FM 640 begins at a stop sign on FM 102 1.1 miles (1.8 km) to the east of Glen Flora. According to the United States Geological Survey 1953 Glen Flora 7.5' quadrangle map, the intersection is midway between Glen Flora and the one-time community of Sorrelle. FM 640 heads straight to the north-northeast for 0.8 miles (1.3 km) then curves sharply to the northwest. Just after the curve, the highway crosses Baughman Slough, a small watercourse. After going northwest for a short distance, FM 640 bends to the right twice until it is going to the north-northeast. After about 1.0 mile (1.6 km) from the first curve, the highway curves to the north-northwest. For the next 0.9 miles (1.4 km), FM 640 goes in a straight line to the north-northwest. After curving to the left and right, FM 640 goes 0.3 miles (0.5 km) before coming to a stop sign at FM 1161 in Spanish Camp. In its final stretch the highway crosses Peach Creek and there were a number of natural gas wells in the area in 1952.
FM 1161 curves sharply to the northeast at its junction with FM 640 in Spanish Camp
FM 640 was designated on July 2, 1945 to start in Navarro County at a cemetery to the northeast of Streetman. From the cemetery, the highway went southwest about 4.7 miles (7.6 km) to the Freestone County line. On July 3, 1946, the highway was cancelled and the right-of-way was transferred to FM 246. On September 10, 1968 this section of FM 246 was renumbered as FM 416(640 was already taken). On May 23, 1951, FM 640 was redesignated to start at FM 102 near Glen Flora in Wharton County and continue in a northerly direction to FM 1161 in Spanish Camp. The distance was estimated at 3.1 miles (5.0 km).
The first FM 645 was designated from US 271 south of Gilmer southeast to Glenwood. Later, FM 645 was redesignated from US 271 at Bettie northwest to Thomas (also known as Simpsonville). FM 645 was cancelled on May 23, 1951 and combined with FM 852. On June 2, 1967, this section of FM 852 was cancelled and combined with FM 2088.
Farm to Market Road 646 is a designator that has been used three times. The current use is in Galveston County, from FM 2004 at Hitchcock to FM 517 at San Leon. There is a concurrency with SH 6 in Santa Fe.
FM 646 was designated on January 16, 1953 from FM 517 south to SH 6 near Alta Loma. It was formerly FM 517, and before that, FM 520. On October 31, 1958 the road was extended 6.9 miles to the Brazoria County line. On May 30, 1961 the section of FM 646 from SH 6 to the Brazoria County line was transferred to FM 1561. On October 15, 1964 the road was extended to FM 2004, replacing a section of FM 1561 (which was cancelled, as the remainder of FM 1561 became part of FM 2004) and creating a concurrency with SH 6. On May 25, 1976 the road was extended north 1.6 miles to I-45 & FM 3002. On February 8, 1980 the road was extended to FM 517 southwest of Bacliff, replacing FM 3002. On July 20, 1982 by district request, the road was extended to FM 517 in San Leon, replacing a section of FM 3436. On June 27, 1995 the section from SH 6 to UR 517 at San Leon was transferred to UR 646.
FM 646 is the possible route of Texas State Highway 99, known as the Grand Parkway between Highway 146 and Interstate 45. It will become the third loop around the city of Houston. However, many businesses would have to be destroyed for the highway to be built along the FM, so a change to the plans is likely.
The first use of the FM 646 designation was in Fisher County, from Rotan west 5 miles. On July 14, 1949 the road was extended southwest 4 miles to a road intersection. FM 646 was cancelled on May 23, 1951 and combined with FM 611.
The second use of the FM 646 designation was in Polk County, from FM 62 at Camden southeast to Barnes and then south to Hortense as a replacement of a section of FM 62. This designation was short-lived as FM 646 was transferred to FM 942 six months later.
The first FM 647 was designated on August 13, 1945 from Emory to Dunbar. On August 22, 1945 the road was extended to 1 mile south of the Hopkins County line. FM 647 was cancelled on September 26, 1945 and became a portion of SH 19.
FM 649 was designated in Starr County on August 13, 1945. Its southern terminus has always been at US 83 in Garceno; its original north end was at the Starr–Jim Hogg county line. On March 31, 1948, it was extended northward into Jim Hogg County, to FM 496 at Randado; this section of FM 496 became SH 16 on August 31, 1965. On August 5, 1954, the northern segment into Webb County was added, to what was then US 59 near Oilton; that section of US 59 became SH 359 19 days later. This extension replaced FM 1904, which went from FM 496 to US 59.
FM 651 begins at an intersection with State Highway 207 in Post. The highway runs northeast and turns north just before the Farm to Market Road 261 intersection. FM 651 turns northwest just north of Farm to Market Road 2794 and turns north again near Crosby County Road 214. The highway enters the town of Crosbyton where it meets U.S. Route 82/State Highway 114. FM 651 predominately runs north before ending at Floyd County Road 232.
FM 651 was designated on August 23, 1945, from Crosbyton southward 10 miles. On October 14, 1946 (agreed on May 12, 1947), FM 651 extended north 5.7 miles to Big Four School. On July 20, 1948, FM 651 extended northward 2 miles to White River Canyon. On May 23, 1951, FM 651 extended south 9.5 miles to a road intersection. On November 20, 1951, FM 651 extended east 3 miles to Kalgary. On December 17, 1952, the section of FM 651 from 3 miles west of Kalgary to Kalgary was renumbered FM 2082 (which became part of FM 261 on July 19, 1954). FM 651 was extended north to US 82, replacing FM 151, and southwest to FM 122 (now SH 207), replacing FM 1618. On April 14, 1959, a spur connection in Lakeview was added.
On May 23, 1951, FM 652 was assigned to a 6.5-mile road from US 285 at Orla, northeastward to the Loving County line at the Pecos River. On November 21, 1956, it was extended northeastward 10.0 miles to its current eastern terminus at the Texas/New Mexico state line. On February 27, 1958, it was redesignated RM 652 and extended 53.0 miles westward from Orla to US 62 south of Pine Springs. On July 25, 1960, the western terminus was adjusted, so that RM 652 now met US 62 north approximately 10.0 miles northeast of Pine Springs. This shortened RM 652 by 5.5 miles. On June 3, 1975, the western terminus was moved to the northeast again, giving RM 652 its current western terminus. The 1960-defined section of RM 652 between US 62 and RM 1108 was cancelled, and the section of RM 1108 from US 62 near the Texas/New Mexico border southeastward 5.2 miles was transferred to RM 652.
On July 9, 1945, FM 652 was assigned to a road to the north of Odessa in Ector County from SH 51(now US 385) to SH 302. On September 26, 1945, this assignment was cancelled because it was already a part of SH 158.
The first FM 654 was designated on August 13, 1945 from SH 26, 2 miles south of De Kalb, west 4 miles. FM 654 was cancelled on October 1, 1946 and became a portion of FM 561. This portion of FM 561 became part of FM 44 in 1958.
Farm to Market Road 655 is a state highway in the U.S. state of Texas. Ninety-nine percent of FM 655 is a private road for the Texas Department of Corrections, as the Ramsey, Terrell, and Stringfellow units are on this highway. The road itself is five miles (8 km) long, and at the end of the road, there is an FM 655 "spur" to either the left or right, for prison access. The spurs have a combined length of around two miles (3 km).
FM 655 begins as two spurs at the Ramsey, Stringfellow, and Terrell units of the Texas Department of Corrections in Brazoria County. The mainline of FM 655 follows the northern spur while the FM 655 spur follows the southern spur, with both beginning at prison buildings and heading through farm fields before joining. From here, FM 655 continues east through farmland within the prison. After leaving the prison, the highway heads into Bonney and ends at FM 521.
FM 655 was designated on August 24, 1945 to run from SH 288 (now FM 521) west to the Ramsey Prison Farm. On January 11, 1980, FM 655 was defined onto its current alignment, with the southern spur added.
FM 659, also known as locally as N. Zaragoza Road in El Paso, is a 9.8 mile state road in El Paso County.
Designated in September 1945, FM 659 begins at an intersection with FM 76, the North Loop Road, and travels northeast for 9.8 miles to a junction with U.S. 62, also known as Montana Avenue. An extension of the road 2.7 miles south of FM 76 to the Rio Grande river was proposed on December 16, 1948, but canceled on February 25, 1954. On June 27, 1995, the entire road was eternally designated as Urban Road 659 by TxDOT.
FM 659 begins at an intersection with Farm to Market Road 76 in southeastern El Paso, with Zaragoza Road continuing south to the El Paso Ysleta Port of Entry at the Ysleta–Zaragoza International Bridge. The highway travels in a slight northeast direction and crosses Interstate 10. At Interstate 10, FM 659's name briefly changes from Zaragoza Road to George Dieter Road. The highway turns right at George Dieter Road, with the Zaragoza Road designation continuing. FM 659 travels northeast through a heavily developed area of the city, passing by many residential areas and commercial shopping centers. FM 659 turns right at Montwood Drive before briefly traveling along the frontage road of Loop 375. Past Loop 375, FM 659 resumes running in its northeast direction before ending at US 62/US 180 near Homestead Meadows South.
FM 660 begins in rural eastern Ellis County at an intersection with SH 34 just over 1 mile east of Ennis, Texas. It travels northbound from the east–west stretch of SH 34, bridging Fourmile Creek before it banks east as it merges onto Crisp Road. As it passes through the unincorporated community of Crisp, Texas, it then banks north and snakes towards an intersection with FM 813. At this intersection, FM 813 terminates as FM 660 banks east through Bristol, Texas, before banking north and making its way down Sugar Ridge. As it travels northbound, FM 660 briefly makes it way through the Trinity River Floodplain and crests over a levee locally known as "The Bristol Bump" because of its sharp and sudden crest potentially sending unsuspecting drivers airborne for a brief moment. FM 660 then travels northeast towards Ferris, Texas through the foothills bordering the Trinity River Floodplain, intersecting with FM 710 roughly 6 miles northeast of Bristol and 2.5 miles east of Ferris. FM 660 then intersects with Interstate 45 just before reaching its northern terminus with Business Interstate 45 in downtown Ferris.
FM 660 was designated on August 31, 1945. It consisted of an 8-mile stretch connecting Bristol to the SH 34 intersection. The northern extension to Ferris was later added on April 1, 1948, bringing FM 660 to its present-day length.
The current FM 662 was designated on September 26, 1979 from FM 1369 (now SH 158) to Industrial Avenue at of distance of 3.2 miles. On August 29, 1989, the highway was extended 2.1 miles to FM 1788. On June 27, 1995, all of FM 662 was eternally re-designated as Urban Road 662 by TxDOT.
The first FM 662 was designated on August 31, 1945 from US 75 (now I-45), 2.8 miles south of Ennis, to Hopewell School. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended east 6 miles to FM 1129. FM 662 was cancelled on November 1, 1961 and transferred to FM 85.
FM 664, known locally as Ovilla Road, is a major access road for the northern sections of Ellis County. It begins at Bus. US 287, the former route of US 287 in Waxahachie. It briefly travels north along the de factofrontage road for southbound I-35E at Exit #401B. After passing the interstate, the route continues north approximately nine miles into Ovilla, where it makes an abrupt right-hand turn and continues to the east for the remainder of its length.[nb 4] It crosses I-35E again (passing over the Boxcar Willie Memorial Overpass) and also SH 342 in Red Oak before terminating at FM 983 near Ferris.
FM 664 was designated on August 31, 1945, and ran from near Waxahachie to Ovilla, with a southern terminus at US 287 (later Loop 528, now signed as US 287 Business). It was lengthened to US 77 (now the I-35E freeway) on September 20, 1961. An extension east 4 miles on June 1, 1965 and another extension to Ferris on June 4, 1970 brought the route to its current length.
FM 665 was designated on September 10, 1945, from US 77 in Driscoll to SH 44 in Corpus Christi. It was extended to Alice on September 21, 1955, replacing a portion of FM 666 from Driscoll to current FM 666 and the entirety of FM 736 from FM 70 to SH 359, though signage did not change until the updated official travel map was given out. The portion east of SH 357 in Corpus Christi was redesignated as Urban Road 665 on June 27, 1995; as with other urban roads, TxDOT continues to sign the route with the Farm Road marker.
FM 666 begins at FM 70 in Bishop and continues north, intersecting SH 44 in Banquete and FM 624 in Bluntzer. The road crosses into San Patricio County at the city of San Patricio, and, during the end of its route, is parallel to Interstate 37 to its east. FM 666 ends in the city of Mathis at SH 359; the roadway continues as a business route of SH 359 through Mathis.
FM 666 was designated on September 10, 1945 from SH 44 in Banquete southward and eastward to US 77 in Driscoll. On July 14, 1949, the designation was extended north to US 59 (present-day SH 359) in Mathis. On September 21, 1955, the section of FM 666 from US 77 to its current junction with FM 665 was transferred to FM 665. On October 31, 1957, FM 666 was extended south to its current southern terminus at FM 70.
Beginning at a complex junction with Farm to Market Road 700 and Texas State Highway 350 on the north side of Big Spring, Farm to Market Road 669 initially runs for 15 miles (24 km) in a northerly direction across the level plains of the Llano Estacado, passing numerous cotton fields and rural farm homes. Near the intersection of FM 1785, FM 669 drops off the Caprock and enters the rolling ranch and oil country of Borden County. The undulating, broken land of Borden County was carved by numerous ephemeral tributaries of the upper Colorado River that typically originate as springs along the Caprock Escarpment to the west and generally flow across the county in an easterly direction.
After crossing the Colorado River, about 5 miles (8.0 km) north of the Howard-Borden county line, FM 669 continues north toward Gail, the county seat of Borden County. Near Gail, one passes two prominent erosional remnants of the Llano Estacado. To the south of Gail, one can see a conspicuous landmark known as Mushaway Peak (also known as Muchakooaga, Muchaque Peak or Cordova Peak); this small butte stands on high ground between Grape Creek and Bull Creek, two tributaries of the upper Colorado River. A much larger mesa, called Gail Mountain, stands on the western edge of Gail and provides a scenic backdrop for this small town.
Farther north, near the Borden-Garza county line, FM 669 reaches a high point that divides the drainage of the upper Brazos and Colorado rivers. Along this drainage divide, the land is highly denuded with many small buttes and hoodoos. Less than a mile north of the county line is a historical marker that describes an archaeological site where the "Garza Point" was first identified. These distinctive arrowheads were constructed from local flint, chert, and obsidian by Native Americans living and hunting in this area around A.D. 1440 to 1500.
Around 5 miles (8.0 km) north of the Borden-Garza county line, FM 669 crosses the Double Mountain Fork, a major tributary of the upper Brazos River. From the colorful sandy bed of the Double Mountain Fork, FM 669 climbs 450 feet (140 m) over a distance of 6 miles (9.7 km) as it ascends the Caprock to the high plains of the Llano Estacado. FM 669 remains on the level plains for a short distance of only 3 miles (4.8 km) before suddenly dropping off the Caprock and descending 200 feet (61 m) back to the rolling plains and to the town of Post, the county seat of Garza County. Within the city limits of Post, FM 669 terminates at a junction with U.S. Route 380.
FM 669 was designated on September 24, 1945 from US 180 at Gail south 10 miles. On March 30, 1949, FM 669 extended south 2.5 miles to a county road. On November 20, 1951, FM 669 extended to FM 1584 at Vealmoor. On May 5, 1952, FM 669 extended to US 87, replacing FM 1857. On October 27, 1953, the section of FM 669 from the current junction with FM 1785 to US 87 was renumbered FM 1785. FM 669 instead extended south to SH 350 near Big Spring, replacing FM 817. On November 21, 1956, FM 669 extended north to FM 1313. On May 1, 1965, the section of FM 1313 from FM 669 to US 380 was transferred to FM 669.
Farm to Market Road 676 (FM 676) is located entirely in Hidalgo County.
FM 676 begins at an intersection with FM 492 in northeastern Doffing. The highway travels in a generally eastern direction along Mile 5 Road and intersects SH 364 in La Homa, then enters Alton. In Alton, FM 676 intersects SH 107 and FM 494. State maintenance for the highway ends at an intersection with FM 2220 at the McAllen city limits.
FM 676 was designated on June 26, 1945, from SH 107 5 miles north of Mission eastward 2.5 miles. On July 15, 1949, FM 676 extended west 4 miles to a road that would became part of FM 492 on May 23, 1951. On May 23, 1951, FM 676 extended east 0.5 mile to Taylor Road. On September 28, 2017, FM 676 extended east 1 mile to FM 2220.
FM 677 is one of the longest farm to market roads in Montague County, and is a two-lane route for its entire length. It begins in Forestburg at a junction with FM 477. It travels northward through the rural eastern part of the county, reaching St. Jo and an intersection with US 82. It continues northward, through the unincorporated communities of Capps Corner and Illinois Bend, close to the Cooke County line. It briefly turns to the west before resuming its northward journey toward the Red River. The FM 677 designation ends as the route crosses into Love County, Oklahoma across the Taovoyas Indian Bridge; the roadway continues as Oklahoma State Highway 89.
A spur of FM 677 exists in Illinois Bend, traveling northward from mainline FM 677 approximately 0.268 mi (0.431 km). It is signed as Spur 677 using the traditional state highway spur marker.
FM 677 was designated on January 31, 1946 northward from US 82 in St. Jo approximately 5.3 mi (8.5 km). It was extended north 2.5 miles on May 23, 1951, south 2.9 miles on November 20, 1951, and again southward on December 17, 1952, to Hardy near the FM 1630 intersection. The route's designation was extended further northward to 3 miles north of Capps Corner on December 2, 1953 and to Illinois Bend on September 29, 1954; the same day also so the lengthening to Forestburg. The connection to the Red River was made on April 24, 1958, and the concurrency with US 82 in St. Jo was removed on June 30, 1961. The connection to Oklahoma was made on December 20, 1988. A spur connection was added on April 25, 1996.
While the designation file indicates that the route enters Cooke County, this contradicts the information in TxDOT's planning file.
The first FM 679 was designated on February 21, 1946 from US 60 at Umbarger south to Buffalo Lake. On October 25, 1947 the northern terminus was moved to a county road north of US 60 (now FM 1062). On September 21, 1955 the road was extended south 3.8 miles along Buffalo Lake. FM 679 was cancelled on December 14, 1956 and transferred to FM 168.
The first FM 680 was designated on February 21, 1946 as an extension of Georgia Street in Amarillo, from the Potter County Line south to US 87. Two months later FM 680 was cancelled and transferred to FM 286.
The first FM 684 was designated on February 23, 1946 from US 80 near the triple overpass at Dallas to Irving and then on to Loop 183 close to where Belt Line Road intersects SH 183 near the Dallas/Tarrant County line. Two months later FM 684 was cancelled and reassigned to SH 356.
FM 685 begins in Pflugerville at the northern terminus of Dessau Road and at the eastern terminus of FM 1825. The route runs to the northeast through Pflugerville to an interchange with the SH 45 Toll / SH 130 Toll toll road. From here, FM 685 runs north along the frontage road of the toll road, before separating from SH 130 in southern Hutto. The route continues to the northeast before ending at a junction with US 79 in central Hutto.
FM 685 was designated in Williamson County on May 15, 1946 on an existing roadway, running from US 79 at Hutto southward to the Travis County line. The designation was extended into Travis County and Pflugerville on December 17, 1952, to its current southern terminus at FM 1825.
When the SH 130 toll road was constructed, the segment between Pflugerville and Hutto used the right-of-way of FM 685. The FM 685 designation was subsequently applied to the frontage roads of the toll road.
FM 688 runs through Forney along an old routing of U.S. Route 80. The highway begins at an interchange with US 80 and ends at an intersection with Farm to Market Road 548. The road is known locally as Broad Street. It was designated on January 18, 1960 on its current route.
The first FM 688 was designated on May 15, 1946 from US 84 at Lawn to US 83 at Ovalo. On December 16, 1948 the section from Lawn to the Callahan County line was added. On July 11, 1951 the section from Lawn to the Callahan County line was transferred to FM 604, and a 1.6 mile section was also transferred to FM 604 on February 20, 1952. On November 27, 1957 the remainder of FM 688 was cancelled and transferred to FM 382.
The first FM 689 was designated on June 4, 1946 from PR 19 inside Kerrville State Park (now Kerrville-Schreiner Park) south through Camp Verde to Bandera in substitution for RM 481. On April 27, 1948 the road was extended northward to SH 16, replacing a portion of PR 19. On October 28, 1953 the road was extended 18.8 miles south of Bandera, creating a concurrency with SH 16. On December 15, 1954 the road was extended 8.3 miles south to US 90 near Hondo. On February 1, 1972, FM 689 was signed, but not designated, as SH 173. On November 15, 1978 the section of FM 689 from SH 16 to PR 19 was transferred to Loop 534 (but still signed as SH 173). FM 689 was cancelled on August 29, 1990 as the extension of SH 173 over this road was officially designated.
FM 690 was designated on May 29, 1945 from US 84, 2 miles east of Farwell, east 6.9 miles to Oklahoma Lane School. On December 16, 1948 the road was extended east 10 miles via Midway School to a road intersection and the old route to Oklahoma Lane School became a spur of FM 690. On July 5, 1951 the spur to Oklahoma Lane School was cancelled and became a portion of FM 1731. On October 29, 1953 the road was extended 6.6 miles to 1 mile east of Lazbuddie. On April 24, 1954 the road was extended another 2 miles east. FM 690 was cancelled on November 21, 1957 and transferred to FM 145, although the US 84-FM 299 section remained signed as FM 690 until 1958.
FM 692 begins at a junction with State Highway 63 in Burkeville. From here, the highway heads north a rural area. The route then turns to the northeast, following a twisting route through farmland. After turning north again, the road crosses three creeks and passes Gunter Cemetery. The highway then reaches a junction with Texas Recreational Road 255 in South Toledo Bend. After passing Texas State Highway Spur 135 north of that junction, FM 692 crosses a channel connecting the Toledo Bend Reservoir to the Sabine River and heads north alongside the Toledo Bend Dam. FM 692 ends at the Louisiana border while along the dam; the road continues into Louisiana as Highway 191.
On May 23, 1951, FM 692 was designated along part of its current route, 2.8 miles (4.5 km) from State Highway 63 northward. The highway was extended 2.8 more miles on November 20, 1951.
On September 27, 1960, FM 692 was extended north 6.6 miles. On September 20, 1961, FM 692 extended north 1.4 miles. On aAy 6, 1964, it extended north 0.8 miles. On August 26, 1969, FM 692 extended 0.5 miles to the Louisiana State Line, which brought the route to its current length. FM 692 has not changed its route since its 1969 expansion.
The original FM 692 was designated on June 4, 1946 from FM 665 southwest of Corpus Christi southeast 9.3 miles, then northeast to FM 693 (now SH 358). FM 692 was cancelled three months later and reassigned to SH 357.
FM 696 was designated on July 31, 1946, from SH 20 (now US 290) northeast 1.1 miles to Butler. On November 23, 1948, FM 696 was extended northeast to the Bastrop-Lee county line, and another section from Blue in Lee County east to FM 112 was added, creating a gap. On July 14, 1949, FM 696 extended from the Bastrop-Lee county line to Blue, closing the gap. On September 27, 1960, FM 696 extended east to a road intersection 6 miles east of US 77, replacing a section of FM 112. On June 11, 1965, FM 696 extended southeast to SH 21, replacing FM 1574.
^Statewide Planning Map (Map). Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division. Texas Department of Transportation. 2012. Archived from the original on October 23, 2012. Retrieved October 3, 2012.