Fuentes with Diamondbacks, 2017
|Long Island Ducks – No. 15|
|Born: February 12, 1991|
|August 26, 2013, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2017 season)
|Runs batted in||15|
Reymond Louis Fuentes (born February 12, 1991) is a Puerto Rican professional baseball outfielder for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks, San Diego Padres, Kansas City Royals and Arizona Diamondbacks.
Boston Red Sox
San Diego Padres
On December 6, 2010, he was traded to the San Diego Padres along with Anthony Rizzo, Casey Kelly, and Eric Patterson for first baseman Adrián González. Fuentes was ranked between the sixth and 10th best prospect in the Red Sox organization.
Fuentes spent 2011 with the High-A Lake Elsinore Storm where he hit .275 in 510 at-bats and stole 41 bases. In 2012, he played 134 games in center field with the Double-A San Antonio Missions where his average dropped to .218 in 473 at-bats. Fuentes again opened 2013 with the Missions and raised his average to .316 with 6 home runs and 29 stolen bases in 93 games, spending time at all 3 outfield positions. He was promoted to the Triple-A Tucson Padres on August 10 where he collected 23 hits in 14 games before his Major League call-up.
San Diego Padres
Fuentes was called up to the Major Leagues from Triple-A on August 26, 2013, and started in center field that night. He remained with the team for the remainder of the year, making six more starts in center and appearing in a total of 23 games. He collected 5 hits in 33 at-bats and also had 3 stolen bases.
Kansas City Royals
On November 20, 2014 Fuentes was traded to the Kansas City Royals for Kyle Bartsch. After a Spring Training in which he hit .386 Fuentes was selected to be the Royals' Opening Day right fielder to start off the 2016 season, winning the spot over Jarrod Dyson and Paulo Orlando. Despite hitting .317 as a Royal, he was sent down to Triple-A Omaha and released after clearing waivers on September 14, 2016.
In December 2016, Fuentes signed a minor league contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks. He was called up to the Diamondbacks on May 16, 2017 and was inserted into the starting line-up the same day. He hit his first MLB home run on June 18, 2017, in the 10th inning of a tie game with the Philadelphia Phillies against Jeanmar Gómez; the Diamondbacks won 5–4. He was designated for assignment on January 31, 2018, and cleared waivers on February 5. He elected free agency on November 3, 2018.
Long Island Ducks
World Baseball Classic (Puerto Rico)
- Brunell, Evan (September 13, 2009). "Getting to know Sox first-round pick Reymond Fuentes". bleacher/report. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Barone, John (June 10, 2009). "Red Sox pick dynamic outfielder at 28". MLB.com. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- "First-round picks signing on the dotted line". USA Today. August 18, 2009. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- Drellich, Evan (December 6, 2010). "Gonzalez 'ready to beat the Yanks'". MLB.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- Brock, Corey (December 16, 2010). "Patterson to Friars completes Gonzalez deal". MLB.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- Center, Bill (December 6, 2010). "Gonzalez, Hoyer discuss Padres-Red Sox deal". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- "Padres select OF Reymond Fuentes and recall RHP Anthony Bass from Triple-A Tucson". Padres Press Release. MLB.com. August 26, 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Brock, Corey (August 26, 2013). "Padres eager to see Fuentes' Majors potential". MLB.com. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Royals get OF Fuentes from Padres for LHP Bartsch". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- [goo.gl/je7K47 "Royals outright Tepesch, Release Fuentes"] Check
|url=value (help). fansided.com. September 16, 2016. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Eddy, Matt (December 24, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Dec. 10–22". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- Player watch
- Associated Press (19 June 2017). "Fuentes gets 1st HR in 10th, D-backs beat Phillies 5–4". ESPN.
- Adams, Steve (February 5, 2018). "Minor MLB Transactions: 2/5/18". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- "Reymond Fuentes biographical information". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Thornburg, Chad (February 8, 2017). "Young stars join Beltran, Yadi for Puerto Rico". MLB.com. Retrieved March 14, 2017.