Richard de Billingford
From 1398 to 1432 he was also Master of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, where he endowed a loan chest in which college members could deposit valuable objects as security for loans taken from the chest which would be sold if the loan was not repaid. The extant chest is kept in the Parker Library, Corpus Christi College. He was buried in St Bene't's Church, which was formerly used as the college chapel.
- John Lamb (1831). "Richard de Billingford D.D.". Masters' History of the College of Corpus Christi and the Blessed Virgin Mary in the University Cambridge.
- Thomas Wright & Harry Longueville Jones (1841). "Corpus Christi College". The universities. Le Keux's Memorials of Cambridge. 1. Tilt and Bogue, Fleet Street.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- J.R. Tanner, ed. (1917). The historical register of the University of Cambridge, being a supplement to the Calendar with a record of University offices, honours and distinctions to the year 1910. Cambridge University Press.
- "The Billingford Hutch and the moonwort fern – a medieval mystery solved". University of Cambridge. 2017-12-10. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Charles Henry Cooper (1842). Annals of Cambridge Volume 1.
|This article relating to the University of Cambridge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|