|Bishop of Hereford|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Hereford|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Taunton (1992–1998)|
Bishop of Hull (1998–2014)
by Mervyn Stockwood
|Born||8 April 1949|
|Residence||The Palace, Hereford|
|Alma mater||Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge|
Frith was born into a clerical family on 8 April 1949; his father was Roger Cokayne Frith, sometime canon and Vicar of Feltwell. He was educated at Marlborough College and Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge. He undertook training for ministry at St John's College, Nottingham.
Frith was made a deacon at Michaelmas 1974 (6 October) and ordained a priest the Michaelmas following (28 September 1975), both times by Mervyn Stockwood, Bishop of Southwark, at Southwark Cathedral. He began his ordained ministry as a curate in Mortlake, after which he was Vicar of Thamesmead. Following this he was Rector of Keynsham. Finally, before his ordination to the episcopate, he was the Archdeacon of Taunton from 1992.
In January 1999, Frith became Suffragan Bishop of Hull. On 16 July 2014, it was announced that Frith was to become the next Bishop of Hereford. His canonical election was confirmed on 17 October 2014 and he was installed 22 November 2014 in Hereford Cathedral. His retirement has been announced, effective November 2019.
- The Reverend Richard Frith (1974–1992)
- The Venerable Richard Frith (1992–1998)
- The Right Reverend Richard Frith (1998–present)
- "Richard Michael Cockayne Frith". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Anglican Communion
- Trustee of Diocese
- Burkes peerage
- "Frith, Richard Michael Cockayne". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. 2017 (November 2016 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 28 June 2017. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "Ordinations". Church Times (#5826). 11 October 1974. p. 17. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 28 June 2017 – via UK Press Online archives.
- "Ordinations". Church Times (#5877). 3 October 1975. p. 8. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 28 June 2017 – via UK Press Online archives.
- Diocese of York — Rt Revd Richard Frith
- "MtS Trustee Richard Frith appointed Bishop of Hereford". 18 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Profile - Richard Frith" (PDF). The Mission to Seafarers. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
He was appointed Archdeacon of Taunton in 1992, before moving north in January 1999 to take up his current post as Suffragan Bishop of Hull.
- Diocese of Hereford – New Bishop named for Diocese of Hereford Archived 2016-03-28 at the Wayback Machine (Accessed 16 July 2014)
- Hereford Cathedral – Bishop Richard Frith elected as 105th bishop of Hereford Archived 2014-10-21 at the Wayback Machine (Accessed 27 September 2014)
- Diocese of Hereford - Bishop's Office
- May, Callum (20 October 2017). "Church to discuss same-sex blessing". BBC News. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- James, Aaron (27 April 2015). "Bishop's son running for Parliament". Premier Christian Radio. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- "Labour's James Frith gains marginal Bury North from Conservatives". BBC News Online. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
|Church of England titles|
| Bishop of Hull
| Bishop of Hereford