Richland Township, Benton County, Indiana
Location of Richland Township in Benton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.92 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.89 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||15.1/sq mi (5.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453789|
Richland Township is one of eleven townships in Benton County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 542 and it contained 267 housing units. Its name is a "reference to the rich land within its borders."
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.92 square miles (93.0 km2), of which 35.89 square miles (93.0 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Center (southeast)
- Parish Grove (southwest)
- Union (east)
- York (west)
- Grant Township, Newton County (northeast)
- Jefferson Township, Newton County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Dehner, Earl Park and Saint John.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Birch, Jesse Setlington (1942) . History of Benton County and Historic Oxford. Oxford, Indiana: Craw & Craw, Inc. p. 21.