Rose Kennedy Schlossberg
June 25, 1988
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University (BA in English; 2010) |
New York University (MPS; 2013)
|Relatives||Jack Schlossberg (brother) |
Tatiana Schlossberg (sister)
John F. Kennedy Jr. (maternal uncle)
John F. Kennedy (maternal grandfather)
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (maternal grandmother)
Rose Kennedy Schlossberg (born June 25, 1988) is an American actress and the oldest child of Caroline Kennedy and first-born grandchild of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. She is a 2010 graduate of Harvard University. Schlossberg has been described as a look-alike of her grandmother, First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. In 2013, Schlossberg, along with Mara Nelson-Greenberg, co-launched End Time Girls Club, an end time-apocalyptic web television comedy series on YouTube.
Schlossberg was born on June 25, 1988, in the borough of Manhattan, New York City, New York, to designer Edwin Schlossberg and Caroline Kennedy, the oldest and only surviving child of U.S. President John F. Kennedy and his wife First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. She was named after her great-grandmother Rose Kennedy, the mother of John F. Kennedy. Schlossberg has two younger siblings, sister Tatiana and brother John Bouvier Kennedy "Jack" Schlossberg. Schlossberg's mother is a Roman Catholic of Irish, French, Scottish, and English descent, while her father comes from an Orthodox Jewish family of Ukrainian descent. She was raised in her mother's religion, but also observes Jewish traditions, holidays and holy days.
During her early childhood, Schlossberg attended Brearley School on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. In first grade, she went on a school field trip to the American Museum of Natural History accompanied by her grandmother, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. "She was the only grandparent in the group," said a father whose daughter was in the same class as Schlossberg.
Education and career
In 2006, Schlossberg enrolled at Harvard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts where she earned a bachelor's degree in English studies, attended film courses, and became interested in fashion. She graduated in 2010, going back to school a year later—at New York University's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) —earning a Master of Professional Studies in 2013.
In 2016, Schlossberg co-launched a comedy and end time-apocalyptic web television series with Mara Nelson-Greenberg, titled End Times Girls Club, produced by Above Average Productions. The series follows two twentysomething young women, Bee (portrayed by Schlossberg) and Lara (portrayed by Nelson-Greenberg), as they give women comic tips to surviving the apocalypse. "It came up as a response to seeing the way that New York City responded to Hurricane Sandy, and how people were grossly underprepared – specifically, girls in damsel in distress mode," Schlossberg told Mashable. "I thought it would be interesting to create this world where girls have to be survivalists without compromising their cute factor."
During the United States presidential election, 2008, Schlossberg donated to Barack Obama's 2008 campaign and volunteered for Democrat Alan Khazei's campaign for the United States Senate in the 2010 special election in Massachusetts.
- Khoo, Isabelle (March 3, 2016). "Celebrity Lookalike: Jackie Kennedy's Granddaughter Is Her Spitting Image". The Huffington Post Canada. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Kosin, Julie (March 15, 2016). "Jackie Kennedy's Granddaughter is an up-and-coming comedian". Harper Bazaar. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Evans, Dayna (March 15, 2016). "End Times Girls Club: Your Guide to Looking Cute As the World Burns Around You". The Cut. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "2nd Girl for Caroline Kennedy". Los Angeles Times. May 9, 1990. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Heymann, C. David (2007). American Legacy: the story of John & Caroline Kennedy ([Book club ed.], 1st Atria Books hardcover ed.). New York: Atria Books. p. xi. ISBN 9780743497381.
- Heymann, 2007, p. 5.
- Hall, Carla (July 23, 1989). "Jackie the Legend turns 60". The Washington Post. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Bloom, Nate (Summer 2008). "Interfaith Celebrities: The Brat Pack". Newton, Massachusetts: InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Jacobson, Aileen. "A Kennedy Christmas". Newsday.com. Retrieved December 5, 2007.
- Heymann, 2007, p. 359.
- Scott, Andy. "Things you didn't know about Rose Kennedy Schlossberg". www.looper.com. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Kennedy kid Rose stars in web show". Boston Herald. March 17, 2016. p. 15 (Subscription required.). Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Fogle, Asher (March 15, 2016). "See Jackie Kennedy's Lookalike Granddaughter". Good House Keeping. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Bueno, Antoinette (March 15, 2016). "Jackie Kennedy's Lookalike Granddaughter, Rose Schlossberg, Launches Comedy Web Series". ET Online. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- End Time Girls Club web television series official website, in which Schlossberg portrays main character Bee.