Rueifang, Jui-fang, Zuihō
Ruifang District in New Taipei City
|Country||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|Special municipality||New Taipei City|
|• Leader (區長)||Wang Kun-Nan (王坤南)|
|• Total||70.73 km2 (27.31 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (National Standard Time)|
During Japanese rule, Ruifang was called Zuihō Town (瑞芳街), and was administered as part of Kīrun District (基隆郡) of Taihoku Prefecture. Mining was an important industry in Ruifang (then known as Sui-hong) in the early 20th century. Gold was mined in Kyufun and Kinkaseki while coal was mined in Kau-tong (猴硐; Houtong).
After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, Ruifang was organized as an urban township of Taipei County. The mining sites became popular tourist destinations after 1990. On 25 December 2010, Taipei County was upgraded into a municipality named New Taipei City and Ruifang became a district of the municipality. In March 2012, it was named one of the Top 10 Small Tourist Towns by the Tourism Bureau.
- Election District One
- Longtan (龍潭里), Longxing (龍興里), Longzhen (龍鎮里), Longan (龍安里), Longshan (龍山里), Longchuan (龍川里), Zhaofeng (爪峰里), Xinfeng (新峰里), Tunghe (東和里), Ganping (柑坪里), Houtong (猴硐里), Guangfu (光復里), Gongqiao (弓橋里), Shuoren (碩仁里)
- Election District Two
- Jiqing (吉慶里), Jian (吉安里), Shangtian (上天里), Jieyu (傑魚里)
- Election District Three
- Fuzhu (福住里), Chongwen (崇文里), Jishan (基山里), Songde (頌德里), Yongqing (永慶里), Xinshan (新山里), Tongshan (銅山里), Shishan (石山里), Guashan (瓜山里)
- Election District Four
- Bitou (鼻頭里), Lianxin (濂新里), Liandong (濂洞里), Nanya (南雅里), Haibin (海濱里), Ruibin (瑞濱里), Shenao (深澳里)
- Bitou Cape
- Bitoujiao Lighthouse
- Golden Waterfall
- Houtong Cat Village
- Jiufen (Shengping Theater, Taiyang Gold Mine Office)
- Jiufen Gold Mine Museum
- Jiufen Kite Museum
- New Taipei City Gold Museum
- Remains of the 13 Levels
- Shen'ao Fishing Port
- Yin Yang Sea
- Davidson, James W. (1903). The Island of Formosa, Past and Present : history, people, resources, and commercial prospects : tea, camphor, sugar, gold, coal, sulphur, economical plants, and other productions. London and New York: Macmillan. p. 460. OL 6931635M.
- Wong, Maggie Hiufu (2012-03-30). "Taiwan names its 10 top small tourist towns". CNN Go. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- 行政區域及街道圖. 瑞芳區公所 Ruifang District Office, New Taipei City Government (in Chinese). 4 September 2019. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ruifang District, New Taipei.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Ruifang.|
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|