|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||Deewana bana de|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Sky (UK and Ireland)||Channel 715 (HD)|
Channel 886 (SD)
|Airtel Digital TV||Channels 201 (SD) |
Channel 202 (HD)
|Dish TV||Channels 343 (SD) |
Channel 342 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channels 305 (SD) |
Channel 331 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 330 (SD)|
|Tata Sky||Channel 314 (SD)|
Channel 312 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channels 201 (SD) and 921 (HD)|
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 241 (SD)|
|Dish Network (United States)||Channel 704|
|DStv||Channel 127 and Channel 128|
|Parabole Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 142|
|Parabole Madagascar (Madagascar)||Channel 142|
|Parabole Réunion (Réunion)||Channel 142|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 806 (SD)|
|Asianet Digital||Channel 561 (SD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 521 (SD)|
|Starhub TV (Singapore)||Channel 131 (SD)|
|Now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 772 (SD)|
|VMedia (Canada)||Channel 836 (SD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 668 (SD)|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 331|
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 31 (SD)|
Sony Max is an Indian pay television entertainment channel which is a sister channel to Sony Entertainment Television, operated by Sony Pictures Networks. The channel started broadcasting in December 1999 and is available internationally. It launched a HD simulcast version on 25 December 2015.
Its main audience attraction, other than Hindi-language movies, was the Twenty20 cricket tournament Indian Premier League (IPL), which the channel had been broadcasting since the tournament's launch in 2008 till 2017, after which it sold the broadcasting rights to Star Sports. It also airs complimentary cricket talk show programmes like Extraaa Innings T20. It occasionally airs Hollywood movies and WWE matches in Hindi. Sony Max is one of the most watched television channels of India, as of July 2018 the second most popular in the country, as well as the top Bollywood channel in the UK that month, ahead of rivals like Zee Cinema.
An HD simulcast feed of the European version was launched on Sky in UK on 1 August 2017.
- ""We are getting into an aggressive growth mode now"- N.P. Singh". www.afaqs.com. 11 October 2015.
- "Sony Max HD looks to carve out its own niche - TelevisionPost.com".
- "Sony Pictures Networks launches Max HD, targets urban movie buffs". Indian Television Dot Com. 22 December 2015.
- Desk, InsideSport (21 April 2017). "High IPL ratings make Sony Max most watched channel".
- "Sony Max tops Hindi channels; four Star India channels in across genres list". Indian Television Dot Com. 10 August 2018.
- Baddhan, Raj (23 July 2018). "UK TV Reach: Sony MAX remains UK's top Bollywood film channel".
- Awasthi, Anshu (19 December 2016). "'Why the hell is movie Sooryavansham shown so often on TV?' You would have wondered. Here's the reason!". Daily Bhaskar. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- Sadwani, Bhavya (18 December 2018). "Don't hold your breath, SET Max will air Sooryavansham for many more years! Here's why". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 17 July 2017.