Jump to navigation Jump to search
The town hall in Sainte-Foy-la-Grande
|Canton||Le Réolais et Les Bastides|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Robert Provain|
|0.51 km2 (0.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,900/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||7–20 m (23–66 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Notable natives and residents
- Louis Pierre Gratiolet, anatomist and zoologist, was born here in 1815.
- Paul Broca, surgeon and anthropologist.
- Jacques Dejean, classical violinist, died here in 2013.
- Élie Reclus, ethnographer, was born here.
- Élisée Reclus, geographer and anarchist, was born here.
- Onésime Reclus, his older brother and also a notable geographer, lived here for many years.
- Élie Faure, physician, art critic, writer, essayist, was born here in 1873.
- Gaston Aumoitte, croquet-player and olympic gold-medal winner, died here in 1957.
- Pierre Larthomas (1915-2000), theatre theorist.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sainte-Foy-la-Grande.|
|This Gironde geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|