Sam Rayburn Tollway
|State Highway 121 Tollway|
|Maintained by NTTA|
|Length||25.2 mi (40.6 km)|
|Southwest end||SH 121 in Lewisville|
| I-35E / US 77 in Lewisville|
Dallas North Tollway in Plano
|Northeast end||US 75 / SH 121 / Spur 399 in McKinney|
The Sam Rayburn Tollway (formerly the State Highway 121 Tollway) is a tollway operated by the North Texas Tollway Authority that runs from Grapevine to McKinney. Its frontage road are signed State Highway 121.
The original portion of the toll road from Business 121 near Coppell to FM 2281 opened in May 2006, and toll collection started December 1 of that year. The tolled portion extended to Hillcrest Road in Plano/Frisco on August 31, 2008. The tollway was extended to Custer Road on September 1, 2009, and again to Hardin Boulevard in McKinney on October 1, 2009.
The tollway (formerly named 121 Tollway) was renamed in honor of Sam Rayburn at a North Texas Tollway Authority meeting on March 16, 2009.
The Sam Rayburn Tollway project was divided into five segments, all of which have been completed.
- Segment 1, from Denton Tap Road to Old Denton Road, opened to traffic in July 2006.
- Segment 2, which runs from Old Denton Road to Hillcrest Road, officially opened to traffic on Sept. 1, 2008, when NTTA took full responsibility for Segments 1 and 2 as well as the operation, maintenance and construction of the remaining segments of the SRT.
- NTTA contractors began work on Segment 3 of the SRT in March 2008. On Sept. 1, 2009, the NTTA opened the main lanes from Hillcrest Road to just east of Custer Road. On Sept. 29, 2009, the NTTA opened the main lanes from just east of Custer Road to west of Hardin Boulevard.
- Segment 4 encompasses the Sam Rayburn Tollway/U.S. 75 interchange, from west of Hardin Boulevard to just east of U.S. 75. Construction on this portion of the corridor began in December 2008. Four major direct-connecting ramps were open to traffic in December 2010. The last two ramps were opened in March 2011.
- The Sam Rayburn Tollway/Dallas North Tollway interchange is referred to as Segment 5. The NTTA began construction on Segment 5 in February 2010. It was completed in 2012.
Almost all exits include access to SH 121, which follows the frontage roads. Due to the nearly continuous frontage road, most exits on the Tollway serve more than one roadway. All exits are unnumbered.
SH 121 south / Bus. SH 121 north – D/FW Airport, Fort Worth, Lewisville
|Continues south as SH 121; southern terminus of SH 121 Business|
|Dallas||Coppell–Lewisville line||0.9||1.4||SH 121 north / Denton Tap Road||No southbound signage for SH 121|
|Denton||Lewisville||1.6||2.6||Denton Tap Main Lane Gantry|
|2.2||3.5||MacArthur Boulevard||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|3.2||5.1||I-35E (US 77) – Denton, Dallas||Tolled exit to I-35E north; exits 447A-448A on I-35E|
|3.5||5.6||SH 121 south / Lake Vista Drive||Southern terminus of SH 121 concurrency; southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|Carrollton||4.5||7.2||Marchant Boulevard / Huffines Boulevard|
|5.0||8.0||SH 121 north / Hebron Parkway||Northern terminus of SH 121 concurrency; no SH 121 signage southbound|
|6.4||10.3||Carrollton Parkway||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|Lewisville||7.2||11.6||FM 544 (Parker Road)||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance; southbound exit is via FM 2281 interchange|
|7.8||12.6||FM 2281 – Carrollton||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance; also signed for FM 544 southbound|
Bus. SH 121 south
|No direct northbound exit; northern terminus of SH 121 Business|
|8.8||14.2||Standridge Drive / Castle Hills Drive||Tolled interchange|
|9.1||14.6||Josey Main Lane Gantry|
|9.6||15.4||FM 423 north (Main Street) / Josey Lane||Tolled interchange; southern terminus of FM 423|
|The Colony||10.5||16.9||Paige Road / Plano Parkway||Southbound exit via South Colony Boulevard interchange|
|11.2||18.0||South Colony Boulevard / Nebraska Furniture Mart Drive||South Colony Boulevard not signed northbound; tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|12.0||19.3||Spring Creek Parkway||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|Collin||Plano–Frisco line||12.9||20.8||Legacy Drive|
|13.0||20.9||Dallas Parkway||Southbound exit is via Parkwood Boulevard interchange|
|13.8||22.2||Dallas North Tollway|
|14.3||23.0||Parkwood Boulevard||Tolled northbound exit; also signed for Dallas Parkway southbound|
|14.9||24.0||SH 289 (Preston Road)|
|16.0||25.7||Hillcrest Road / Rasor Boulevard / Ohio Drive||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance; Ohio Drive signed at SH 289 exit southbound|
|17.3||27.8||Coit Road||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance; to Centennial Medical Center|
|18.4||29.6||Independence Parkway||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|19.6||31.5||FM 2478 (Custer Road)||Tolled northbound exit and southbound entrance; no direct southbound exit (signed at Exchange Parkway)|
|Custer Main Lane Gantry|
|Allen–McKinney line||20.3||32.7||Exchange Parkway / Craig Ranch Parkway||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|21.2||34.1||Alma Drive||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance; no direct northbound exit (signed at Exchange Parkway)|
|22.2||35.7||Stacy Road||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|22.9||36.9||Lake Forest Drive / Watters Road||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|23.8||38.3||Hardin Boulevard / Chelsea Boulevard||Tolled southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|24.2||38.9||Frontage Road||Northbound exit only; to US 75 frontage roads|
|24.5||39.4||US 75 / SH 121 north – Sherman, Dallas||Exit 38C on US 75|
|25.2||40.6||To SH 5 / Medical Center Drive||To Medical City McKinney; continues north as Spur 399|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- A YouTube video sponsored by the NTTA as the official tour (from Grapevine to McKinney)