|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/1900|
|Availability by region||May 2009|
|Successor||Samsung Star II|
|Related||Samsung Omnia, Samsung Tocco, Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition, Samsung Tocco Lite 2 (S5220)|
|Dimensions||104 x 53 x 11.9 mm|
|Operating system||Samsung Touchwiz 1.0|
|CPU||208 MHz ARM9 CPU|
|Memory||50/144 MB (Region dependent)|
|Removable storage||Micro SD, Micro SDHC, up to 16 GB|
|Battery||Li-lon 1000 mAh|
|Data inputs||T9, Abc|
|Display||240 x 400 pixels (~155 ppi pixel density) Resistive Touchscreen|
|External display||3 inches|
|Rear camera||3.2 Mega Pixel Fixed-Focus Videos QVGA@15fps|
|Media||MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+, WMA, AMR, WAV, MP4|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.1, USB 2.0|
|Other||Touchscreen, Full web browser (Jasmine), Haptic Touch feedback|
It is available in black, white, and pink, and there are gold and silver special editions. The phone has a 3.0" LCD with 262K Color WQVGA. In total the device measures 104x53x11.9 mm. It uses a WAP 2.0 browser and makes use of Java MIDP 2.0 as its Java support platform. It uses S3C2410 (CPU) at 200 MHz.
Compared to the previous Samsung F480 Tocco, the S5230 (as its "Lite" name would suggest) is a more budget model with a weaker camera, albeit with a slightly increased display size. By default the S5230 does not support a 3G network connection and the base model lacks Wi-Fi connectivity; the S5230W and S5233W variants do support Wi-Fi.
The phone has a 3.2-megapixel camera with video recording, the camera having a smile mode and 4x digital zoom. The phone has software for editing photos and videos and music recognition. Its storage can be upgraded to 16 GB with a microSD card. The UI includes widgets which can display information from the internet. The phone has an inbuilt accelerometer for motion gaming and social networking.
- GSM & EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Operating system: Proprietary
- UI: TouchWiz 1.0
- WAP Navigator 2.0, based on WebKit Open Source Project
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Dimensions: 106 x 53.5 x 11.8 mm
- Weight: 93.5 g
- 3" TFT LCD, 240 x 400 pixel WQVGA resolution 262K color
- Resistive touchscreen
- Full haptic touchscreen
- Digital zoom of 4x
- Multiple shot modes; Continuous/Mosaic Shot/Frame shot/Panorama shot/Smile Shot
- Multiple effects; black & white, sepia, negative, watercolour
- Photo editing; frames, text and a small collection of clip art
- MPEG4/H.263/H.264/WMV/3GP video player
- 15 fps@QVGA video recording
- Video messaging, video streaming
- 320x180, bit rate 128 kbit/s
Music and sound
- Music player
- The following file formats; MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+, WMA, AMR, WAV
- 3D Sound Technology (DNSe)
- Music library
- Digital rights management (DRM): WMDRM (ILA) OMADRM1.0 OMADRM2.0 (operator dependent)
Fun and entertainment
- Email (POP3/SMTP/IMAP4)
- T9 input
- Full QWERTY keyboard when in landscape mode.
- Full AZERTY keyboard when in landscape mode and the T9 language is set in French
- 102 MB standard
- Up to 16 GB with SD/MC (varies with specific model)
- 2000 phone book entries
- 500 messages (200 inbox, 200 sent, 50 outbox, 50 draft)
- Call time management
- Multiparty (conference call)
These specification were provided from Samsung Mobile website.
- The South African, Indian, Mexican, Brazilian, Russian, Italian, Belgian, Lithuanian, Portuguese and Australian variant is known as Samsung Star. In Poland it is known as Samsung Avila. In Pakistan it is marketed by the name of Samsung GT-S5233A but it is widely known as Samsung Star.
- The S5230G comes with an integrated GPS receiver.
- The phone also comes in another variant known as Samsung S5230W which supports Wi-Fi. It is called Samsung Star Wifi.
- There is also a version of this handset that supports near field communication (NFC), but it is only available on a limited basis for use in NFC trials.
Standard contents are:
- Phone With Screen guard
- Battery charger
- "Samsung S5230 Star - Full phone specifications". www.gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Samsung announces Star II for superb social networking experience". vr-zone.com. 19 January 2011. Archived from the original on 23 June 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 June 2009. Retrieved 30 November 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-tocco-lite?kind=Samsung[permanent dead link] Mobile
- http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=mobilephones&type=mobilephones&subtype=touchphone&model_cd=GT-S5233LKAINU&fullspec=F[permanent dead link]
- Samsung adds NFC to bestselling Tocco Lite/Star/Player One/Avila Archived 20 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine, Near Field Communications World 17 February 2010
- "Samsung, the S5300 (Galaxy Pocket) parameters". cnitnews.info. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Samsung GT-S5230.|