Samsung i607 BlackJack
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS, HSDPA, EDGE, and GPRS|
|Dimensions||4.45" × 2.32" × 0.4"|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile 5.0|
|CPU||220 MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 1710|
|Memory||64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM|
|Battery||3.7 Volt Lithium-ion, 1,200 mAhSize: 4.45×2.32×0.4 inches|
|Data inputs||QWERTY keypad|
|Display||320 x 240 px, 2.25 inches|
|Rear camera||1.3 megapixel|
Specifications from the Samsung website:
- Screen resolution: 320 x 240 px, 2.25 inches
- Input method: QWERTY keypad
- Operating System: Windows Mobile 5.0 (upgrade to 6 is available)
- Processor: 220 MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 1710
- Storage: External microSD slot
- Flash Memory: 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM
- Modes: Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, and 1900)
- Data connection: 3G (UMTS and HSDPA) and 2G (EDGE and GPRS)
- Bluetooth 2.0
- 1.3 megapixel camera that can take photographs and videos
- Plays MP3, WMV, MP4 and 3GP media formats
- Battery: Removable 3.7 Volt Lithium-ion, 1,200 mAh, up to 5.5 hours of talk time and up to 11 days of standby
- Size: 4.45×2.32×0.4 inches
- Weight: 3.5 ounces
In January 2007 Research In Motion, creators of the BlackBerry handhelds, filed suit in United States federal court claiming the BlackJack trademark was too similar to the BlackBerry mark. They alleged that Samsung had named their smartphone with a word beginning with "Black" just to mislead the customers that would come to the cellphone stores with the intention to purchase a BlackBerry. A month later the two parties settled out of court. In January 2008, Rogers Wireless and Fido Solutions released the Blackjack II in Canada under the name Jack.
For handsets manufactured between November 2006 and February 2007, there is a known defect in the antenna assembly, causing a large number of dropped calls.
- Award Winner from CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association). "Best hardware from Smartphone/PDA category."
- Winner of comparison review from 'Samsung BlackJack and RIM BlackBerry 8800' by Cnet.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-02-04. Retrieved 2008-01-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- essistme.com » Details of Official Samsung Blackjack i607 Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade - Tech & Gadget Tips In Plain English from Kenny Jahng Archived 2008-01-27 at the Wayback Machine
- PhoneDB. "Samsung SGH-i607 BlackJack - Device Specs - PhoneDB". phonedb.net.
- "Samsung SGH-i607 BlackJack reviews and technical details - Softpedia". Archived from the original on 2008-01-30. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- "Samsung BlackJack Review - Smartphone Reviews by Mobile Tech Review". www.mobiletechreview.com.
- Gatlan, Sergiu (11 December 2006). "The End Is Near: BlackJack vs. BlackBerry". Softpedia. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
RIM has sued Samsung for copyright infringement
- Hardy, Ed (February 9, 2007). "RIM and Samsung Settle BlackJack Lawsuit". Brighthand. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- WirelessForeman. Details of AT&T Warranty Department Advisory. AT&T Mobility Retrieved on 2008-01-25
- "CTIA - 404 Not Found". www.ctia.org.
- CNET Prizefight: Samsung BlackJack vs. RIM BlackBerry 8800 - CNET reviews Archived 2007-05-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Samsung Jack i637 officially announced by AT&T