San Diego Strike Force
|San Diego Strike Force|
Play in San Diego, California
at the Pechanga Arena
|Indoor Football League (2019–present)|
|Team colors||Black, navy blue, silver and white|
|General manager||Ryan Eucker|
|Head coach||Burt Grossman|
|League championships (0)|
|Conference championships (0)|
|Division championships (0)|
The San Diego Strike Force is a professional indoor football team based in San Diego, California. It is a member of the Indoor Football League and began play in 2019 at the Pechanga Arena San Diego, in the city's Midway district. It is owned by Roy Choi, who also owns the IFL's Cedar Rapids River Kings. It is the second professional football team in San Diego that began play in spring 2019, after the San Diego Fleet of the Alliance of American Football, more than year after the departure of the NFL's San Diego Chargers in 2017.
The Strike Force is the third indoor team to play in San Diego, after the San Diego Riptide of af2 (2002–2005) and the San Diego Shockwave of the National Indoor Football League (2007). The team may have planned on being called the San Diego Lightning, as the organization's original email addresses and internal website links used that name. The team announced their colors and staff on December 17, 2018.
|San Diego Strike Force roster|
- "Indoor Football League takes flight in America's Finest City with the San Diego Strike Force". Strike Force. December 17, 2018.
- "Cedar Rapids River Kings' front office reshuffle ends with Reggie Harris as new GM". The Gazette. March 16, 2019.
- "Strike Force Name Head Coach". IFL. January 10, 2019.
- "New professional football team coming to San Diego". San Diego News. December 13, 2018. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "IFL Announces San Diego Expansion Team". OurSportsCentral.com. November 19, 2018.
- "Yet Another New Team Coming To Town". San Diego Sports Domination. November 19, 2018.
- "San Diego Strike Force (Official website)". sdstrikeforce.com. Retrieved November 28, 2018.