|Born||8 August 1993|
Kruševac, FR Yugoslavia
|Associated acts||ZAA, Hurricane|
Sanja Vučić (Serbian Cyrillic: Сања Вучић; Serbian pronunciation: [sâɲa ʋûtʃitɕ], born 8 August 1993) is a Serbian singer. Initially recognised as the lead vocalist of the Serbian crossover band ZAA, she became best known for represented Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Goodbye" and since 2017 as member of R&B girl group Hurricane.
Life and career
She finished both primary and secondary music school in Kruševac, at the department of opera singing. During her studies, she sang in various ensembles, ranging from the band performing ethno music Bele vile, to the town jazz orchestra, and in the church choir Saint Prince Lazar.
The band ZAA was founded in Kruševac in 2008 and Vučić joined in April 2012. Their music is a mix of styles from ska music and dub, to post-rock, jazz and punk. They have performed in over 200 cities throughout the former Yugoslavia, and also performed in Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary. The band has participated in numerous festivals, like Exit, Nišville, and Reggae Serbia fest. As a member of ZAA, Vučić has made one album called "What About" (2014).
As lead artist, ZAA
|2016||"Goodbye (Shelter) / Iza osmeha"
(as "ZAA" Sanja Vučić)
As lead artist, Hurricane
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2019)
As featured artist
(Y.O.X feat. Sanja)
(Mr.Rabbit feat. Sanja)
(Anthem of the Serbian Olympic team)
(Meta feat. Sanja)
(Djexon feat. Sanja)
|2018||"Šuška Se, Šuška"
(Dejan Petrović feat. Sanja)
|Eurovision Song CZ||2018||International jury member|
|Destination Eurovision||2019||International jury member|
- Leon, Jakov I. (7 March 2016). "ZAA to represent Serbia with "Goodbye"". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "Sanja Vučić – biography" (PDF). rts.rs. 5 March 2016.
- "ZAA Bio". ZAA Official Site. 5 March 2016.
- ""ZAA" Sanja Vučić* - Goodbye (Shelter)". Discogs. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Weaver, Jessica (22 January 2018). "Czech Republic: ČT reveals international jury members for 2018 national final". esctoday.com. ESCtoday. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Beauty Never Lies"
| Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "In Too Deep"