10 June 1979
|Residence||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Education||Swiss Cottage Secondary School|
|Alma mater||ITE College, Yishun|
|Style||Singaporean, Indian, Malaysian|
Rabicca Vijayan (m. 1997)
|Awards||Winner of MasterChef Australia 2018|
For 12 years, Cheliah worked for the Special Tactics and Rescue (STAR) unit of the Singapore Police Force, where he trained in tactics, rescue operations, counter terrorism, kidnappings and high-profile protection in the riot police.
Cheliah's interest in food began by watching his mother, a cafe owner, and aunties prepare family meals. His interest in cooking piqued after moving to Australia. His goal is to open a fusion restaurant featuring Indian and South Asian flavours.
Cheliah started a pop-up restaurant named "Gaja by Sashi" in the Melbourne CBD, serving Singaporean dishes.
- "Sashi Cheliah". tenplay. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "9 Sashi Cheliah Facts As Singapore Celebrates His MasterChef Australia Victory". mustsharenews.com. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Singapore-born Sashi Cheliah crowned MasterChef Australia champion". Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Singapore-Born Home Cooks Wins MasterChef Australia S10 - Star2.com". star2.com. 1 August 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Sashi Cheliah is winning hearts with his smile while cooking at MasterChef - The Indian Down Under". www.indiandownunder.com.au. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Highest score ever: Sashi Cheliah crowned 2018 MasterChef winner". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "MasterChef winner Sashi Cheliah is opening a pop-up restaurant". timeout.com. Retrieved 4 October 2018.