Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Comune di Sassocorvaro|
|Province||Pesaro e Urbino (PU)|
|• Mayor||Daniele Grossi|
|• Total||66.91 km2 (25.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||326 m (1,070 ft)|
|• Density||51/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. John the Baptist|
|Saint day||June 24|
Sassocorvaro is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Pesaro e Urbino in the Italian region Marche, located about 80 kilometres (50 mi) west of Ancona and about 35 kilometres (22 mi) southwest of Pesaro.
- Rocca Ubaldinesca, a Renaissance fortification designed by Francesco di Giorgio Martini. During World War II, it was used to house works of art from all Italy in order to prevent they were stolen by the German occupation force.
- Downstream of the town, in the Mercatale valley, is an artificial lake originated by the construction of a dam that blocks the flow of the river Foglia. The dam was built in the 1950s. The basin contains about 6 million cubic meters of water and is used as an irrigation source. The water of the lake is conveyed by gravity in a turbine for the generation of electricity.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Demographics data from ISTAT
|This Marche location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|