Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area
|Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area|
|Location||New Hartford, Connecticut, United States|
|Area||1 acre (0.40 ha)|
|Designation||Connecticut state park|
|Administrator||Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|Website||Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area|
Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area is a public recreation area occupying one-acre (4046.8 ha) of land beside the Farmington River in the town of New Hartford, Connecticut. The site is located on the north side of the Route 44 bridge over the Farmington River. It is used as a put-in for canoeing, kayaking, and tubing excursions on the river.
Activities and amenities
Tube rentals are offered by a concessionaire. A 2.5-mile (4.0 km) trip encounters three sets of rapids. Hiking trails in neighboring Nepaug State Forest, including the Tunxis Trail, are accessible from Satan's Kingdom Road on the south side of the bridge.
- "Appendix A: List of State Parks and Forests" (PDF). State Parks and Forests: Funding. Staff Findings and Recommendations. Connecticut General Assembly. January 23, 2014. p. A-1. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area". State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Jean Miller. "Satan's Kingdom". Historical Marker Database. Farmington River Coordinating Committee. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "Other State Parks". State Register and Manual 2012. State of Connecticut. September 13, 2012. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Farmington River Tubing". Retrieved June 23, 2015.
- "Nepaug State Forest Backpack Camping Map" (PDF). State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. December 10, 2008. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection