|Born||1957 (age 61–62)|
|Alma mater||University of New South Wales|
Australian Graduate School of Management
|Known for||financial commentary|
Satyajit Das (born 1957) is an Australian former banker and corporate treasurer, turned consultant, and author.
Satyajit Das was born in Calcutta, India in 1957.
His family emigrated to Australia when he was 12.
Das is the author of Traders, Guns & Money and Extreme Money and reference books on derivatives and risk-management. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
Extreme Money was long-listed for the Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award. The Economist reviewed the book, stating that "Satyajit Das is well-placed to comment, having worked both for investment banks and as a consultant advising clients on their use of complex financial products", however, "the book could have easily been 150 pages shorter without losing its thrust."
A Banquet of Consequences was released in Australia in 2015. It was released in the United States in 2016 as The Age of Stagnation to avoid it being confused as a cookbook.
Das is a regular commentator on LNL (Late Night Live) on RN (ABC radio's Radio National), hosted by Phillip Adams.
- Satyajit Das (2005). Derivative Products and Pricing: The Das Swaps and Financial Derivatives Library (Third ed.). Wiley. ISBN 9780470821640.
- Satyajit Das; Jade Novakovic (2006). In Search of the Pangolin - Eco-travel Tales. New Holland Publishers Ltd. ISBN 9781845372590.
- Satyajit Das (2006). Traders, Guns & Money: Knowns and Unknowns in the Dazzling World of Derivatives. FT Press. ISBN 9780273731962.
- Satyajit Das (2011). Extreme Money: Masters of the Universe and the Cult of Risk. Ft Press. ISBN 9780132790079.
- Satyajit Das (2015). A Banquet of Consequences: Have We Consumed Our Own Future?. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 9780670079056.
- Satyajit Das (2016). The Age of Stagnation: Why Perpetual Growth is Unattainable and the Global Economy is in Peril. Prometheus Books. ISBN 9781633881587.
- "Panellist: Satyajit Das". ABC. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Schmidt, Lucinda (31 August 2011). "Profile: Satyajit Das". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Satyajit Das. "Satyajit Das". The Independent. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "More luck than judgment". The Economist. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2015.