|Born||20 September 1997|
Scarlett Lee (born 20 September 1997) is an English singer. In 2018, she finished as runner-up in the fifteenth series of The X Factor. She also competed in the fourteenth series and reached the six chair challenge, but failed to proceed further.
Lee, a British Romany, was born on 20 September 1997 in Surrey, England. Before The X Factor, Lee worked as a makeup artist. During The X Factor, Lee was involved in a fire, when her brother's caravan set alight. Lee was in the neighbouring caravan at the time, and was later taken into hospital. In January 2019, Lee became engaged to Nathan Shaw.
2017: The X Factor
Lee first auditioned for The X Factor in 2017 when aged 19, where she reached six-chair challenge. She was briefly given a seat by her mentor Sharon Osbourne after her performance of "Without You" by David Guetta feat. Usher, but was later sent home after a dramatic sing-off between her and eventual finalists Rai-Elle Williams and Alisah Bonaobra, during which she sang "The Power of Love" by Jennifer Rush.
2018: Return to The X Factor
In her first audition this series, Lee performed her own original song "Survival", but was stopped by Simon Cowell, who was unimpressed with the song. As Cowell urged her to use her performance to convince the audience to root for her, she performed a cover of Loren Allred's "Never Enough" which earned her four yes votes from the judges.
In the quarter-final's results, after the elimination of Bella Penfold and Shan Ako, she became the last act in the Girls' category. She finished the competition as the runner-up. Her winners song would've been One More Sleep performed with Leona Lewis, which she performed in the final.
|The X Factor performances and results|
|Auditions||"Survival" – Original song||N/A||Through to six-chair challenge|
|"Never Enough" – Loren Allred|
|Six-chair challenge||"Piece by Piece" – Kelly Clarkson||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||"I Didn't Know My Own Strength" – Whitney Houston||Through to live shows|
|Live show 1||"(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" – Aretha Franklin||This is Me||Safe|
|Live show 2||"Always On My Mind" – Elvis Presley||Guilty Pleasures||Safe|
|Live show 3||"I Put a Spell on You" – Screamin' Jay Hawkins||Fright Night||Safe|
|Live show 4||"I'll Never Love Again" – Lady Gaga||Movie Night||Safe|
|Quarter-Final||"Can't Take My Eyes Off You" – Frankie Valli||Big Band||Safe|
|Semi-Final||"This Is Me" – Keala Settle||Get Me to the Final (Part I)||Safe|
|"The Winner Takes It All" – ABBA||Mamma Mia|
|"I Didn't Know My Own Strength" – Whitney Houston||Get Me to the Final (Part II)||Bottom two (3rd)|
|"This Is Me" – Keala Settle||Sing-off||Safe (Majority vote)|
|Final||"Your Song" – Elton John||No theme||Runner-up|
|"Angels" with Robbie Williams||Winner's song|
|"One More Sleep" with Leona Lewis||Winner's song|
- Duke, by Simon; 16:39, 6 Dec 2018Updated16:51 (6 December 2018). "X Factor's Scarlett Lee has big ambitions for the future". chroniclelive. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Nolan, Emma (2 December 2018). "Scarlett Lee: Who is X Factor 2018 finalist Scarlett Lee? How old is she?". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- Starkey, Adam (1 November 2018). "X Factor's Scarlett Lee 'rushed to hospital' after helping brother's family escape fire". Metro. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Starkey, Adam (9 November 2018). "X Factor's Scarlett Lee unable to sleep as family home fire leaves her paranoid contestant's mansion will burn down too". Metro. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Kent, Sara-Aisha (13 January 2019). "The X Factor's Scarlett Lee announces engagement". OK! Magazine. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "All you need to know about X Factor finalist Scarlett Lee and her engagement". The Sun. 20 February 2019. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Scarlett sings with Leona Lewis". Retrieved 2 December 2018.
|This biographical article about an English singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|