|No. 71, 69, 76|
|Born:||February 3, 1983|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||292 lb (132 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Scott M. Paxson (born February 3, 1983) is a former American football defensive tackle. He was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He won Super Bowl XLIII with the Steelers over Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals. He played college football at Penn State. Paxson has also been a member of the Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns and Montreal Alouettes.
First stint with Steelers
Green Bay Packers
Paxson spent several weeks with the Green Bay Packers during the 2006 regular season.
Second stint with Steelers
On October 4, 2008, Paxson was promoted to the Steelers' active roster and made his first regular season NFL appearance that week versus Jacksonville. He was waived on October 18 when the team promoted offensive tackle Jeremy Parquet to the active roster. He was re-signed to the practice squad on October 21, and promoted to the active roster again on December 1.
He was waived on September 4, 2009.
Paxson was re-signed to a future contract on January 7, 2010.
Paxson was again released on September 3, 2010 to make room for the mandatory 53-man roster.
On January 8, 2011, it was announced that Paxson had signed with the Cleveland Browns on a future/reserve contract.
Paxson played in all 16 games with the Cleveland Browns in 2011, recording 21 tackles (10 solo, 11 assists and 1 sack).
In 2012, Paxson was injured during a pre-season game and missed the entire year.
Paxson signed with the Montreal Alouetteson June 10, 2013.
He was released on June 21, but re-signed with the Alouettes on August 2.
- "Steelers Sign Two Players to Reserve/Future Roster". steelers.com. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers Sign Defensive Tackle Scott Paxson To Reserve/Future List". steelers.com. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers promote DL Paxson from practice squad". Yahoo! Sports. 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- Brown, Scott (2008-10-04). "Steelers sign Paxson, release Bailey". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Steelers release 10 players to make room for 53 man roster". Pittsburgh Steelers. 2010-09-04. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- Levarse, Derek (2004-11-11). "Diabetes to motivate Penn State lineman". The Daily Collegian. Archived from the original on 2005-04-01. Retrieved 2008-10-08.