Sean Fraser (politician)
|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
for Central Nova
|Assumed office |
October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||Peter MacKay|
|Born||June 1, 1984|
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
|Residence||New Glasgow, Nova Scotia|
|Alma mater||St. Francis Xavier University|
Sean S. A. Fraser MP (born June 1, 1984) is a Canadian Liberal politician, who was elected to represent the riding of Central Nova in the House of Commons of Canada in the 2015 federal election.
Early life and education
Raised in Merigomish in Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Fraser earned a Bachelor of Science degree at St. Francis Xavier University in 2006. He then studied law at Dalhousie University and at Leiden University in the Netherlands, graduating in 2009.
|2015 Canadian federal election|
|New Democratic||Ross Landry||4,532||10.24||–16.57||–|
|Independent||Alexander J. MacKenzie||570||1.29||–||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||44,263||100.0||$203,563.02|
|Total rejected ballots||233||0.52||–0.07|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||+37.04|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- "Liberal Sean Fraser takes Central Nova from the Conservatives". The Chronicle Herald. October 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
- "Peter MacKay's former riding goes to Liberal Sean Fraser". CBC News. October 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
- Meet Sean Fraser Archived 2015-10-01 at the Wayback Machine, Liberal.ca.
- "October 19, 2015 Election Results — Central Nova (Validated results)". Elections Canada. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2018-11-10.