Secretary-General of the European Commission
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Secretary-General of the European Commission is the senior civil servant of the European Commission. The Secretary-General, who is responsible to the President of the European Commission, is in charge of the various Directorates-General, headed by Directors-General.
His/her personal staff form the Secretariat-General of the European Commission.
List of Secretaries-General of the European Commission
- Martin Selmayr, Germany, 2018-present 
- Alexander Italianer, The Netherlands, 2015–2018
- Catherine Day, Ireland 2005–2015
- David O'Sullivan, Ireland, 2000–2005
- Carlo Trojan, The Netherlands, 1997–2000
- David Williamson CB, UK, 1987–1997
- Émile Noël, France, 1957–1987
- "European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - President Juncker reorganises his close team; European Commission appoints new Secretary-General". europa.eu. Retrieved 21 February 2018.