Seminary of Acireale
Seminary of Acireale (Italian: Seminario Vescovile di Acireale) is a Roman Catholic seminary located in Acireale, Sicily in the Diocese of Acireale for the education and training of young men studying for the priesthood.
The seminary was founded on 15 December 1881 by the first Bishop of Acireale, Gerlando Maria Genaurdi. The building which houses the seminary was originally St. Martin's college and was acquired by a group of priests for the purpose of establishing a seminary for men from various dioceses of Sicily and southern Italy who were training for the priesthood.
The first rector was Fr. Alessandro Amato, selected by Bishop Genaurdi on the advice of the Salesians. Fr. Alessandro was a young priest with degrees in theology and philosophy which he had obtained from the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome.  He served as rector from 1881 to 1887. Italian politician and priest, Don Luigi Sturzo was a resident of the seminary for three years from 1883 to 1886.
As of 2007, the seminary housed a total of 20 seminarians The rector of the seminary as of 2009 is Fr. Angelo Milone, and the vice-rector is Fr. Alfio Privitera.
- Il Solco,2005-2006 edition, p.8
- Instituto di Luigi Sturzo, Università e cultura nel pensiero di Luigi Sturzo: atti di convegno, p.161
- Instituto di Luigi Sturzo, p.162
- Il Solco, 2005-2006 edition, p.8
- Il Solco, 2006-2007 edition, p.4.
- Il Solco, published by the Seminary of Acireale, 2005-2006 edition
- Il Solco, 2006-2007 edition
- Instituto di Luigi Sturzo, Università e cultura nel pensiero di Luigi Sturzo: atti di convegno, Google Books accessed 29 September 2009