Serving Through Science
|Serving Through Science|
|Created by||Encyclopædia Britannica|
|Starring||Dr. Miller McClintock|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Original release||August 15, 1946 –|
May 27, 1947
The series premiered on the DuMont Television Network on August 15, 1946, and was shown Tuesdays at 9 pm ET. The weekly program starred Dr. Miller McClintock showing short films produced by Encyclopædia Britannica, and was sponsored by U. S. Rubber.
The last show aired May 27, 1947.
The series' name was also a slogan used by the sponsor in its advertising.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1946-47 United States network television schedule
References and sources
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|