|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Born||18 May 1967|
|Political party||Liberal Democrat|
She is a consultant (formerly partner) at an Aberdeen law firm, and was formerly the leader of Gordon District Council. She was a Scottish Government appointee to the European Economic and Social Committee between 2000 and 2003.
Member of the European Parliament
Ritchie was sworn in as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) on 2 July 2019: as a Liberal Democrat, she sits with Renew Europe. Since July 2019, she has been a member of the European Parliament Committee on Budgetary Control and the European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development.
- "The UK's European elections 2019". BBC News. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "SNP to increase its MEPs as Labour collapses". BBC News. 27 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Sheila Ritchie heads Scottish European list". Liberal Democrat Voice. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Davidson, Jenni (18 April 2019). "Scottish Lib Dems announce candidates for European Parliament election". Holyrood Magazine. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- "Sheila Richie MEP". Scottish Liberal Democrats. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Sheila RITCHIE - 9th parliamentary term". European Parliament. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Sheila Ritchie heads Scottish European list". Liberal Democrat Voice. 18 April 2019.